What training is "required"?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Which great lakes boat has that requirement? None that I am aware of and I own one of them?

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

i wish I could recall the name of the operation. When I was looking for a boat to go out on for some dives last summer, I searched online and came across one that had a neat table of wrecks, depths, and required certs on their web site. And OW/AOW/Deep/Tech matched up exactly with the customary 60/100/130 thresholds. Since I don't have the deep specialty I quickly moved on to the next boat in my search, but if I recall correctly it was someone based on Lake Erie.

I came across operators that only allow AOW to 30m max. Others couldn't care less.
I also came across operators that wouldn't allow deeper than 30m no matter what C- card you are holding. Some will require Deep Speciality.
At the end of the day it is the operator who holds the trump card.
BTW, I know some diving insurances have set dept limit on some of their policies eg. DAN Asia Pacific and Blue Cross Asia.

i wish I could recall the name of the operation. When I was looking for a boat to go out on for some dives last summer, I searched online and came across one that had a neat table of wrecks, depths, and required certs on their web site. And OW/AOW/Deep/Tech matched up exactly with the customary 60/100/130 thresholds. Since I don't have the deep specialty I quickly moved on to the next boat in my search, but if I recall correctly it was someone based on Lake Erie.
I think Osprey is the only one left on Erie. I wasn't aware of their policy in regards to depth versus cert. Still a great operation, try them out sometime.

Sent from my Dive Rite Bridge II

It appears that Four Fathoms has the same requirements.

Four Fathoms

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom