What to wear under a wet suit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DougK

Contributor
Reaction score
When diving with a wet suite I have noticed I have to work to stuff my men's swim trucks into the wet suite and they are wrinkled and unruly when I take the wet suite off. I am slender but, would not particularity want to wear a speedo style bathing suite. Has anyone found anything similar to bicycle shorts that is better suited to getting into and out of a wet suite? A look at a beach shop the other week didn't reveal anything that looked like it would be better than what I currently wear.

I noticed a bicyclist the other day and wondered if those style shorts, made out of spandex or lycra would work. My fear they would remain wet long after a bathing suite starts to dry out.

Any thoughts?

As it turns out, the cycling or triathlon style shorts dry very quickly, more so than other types of swim suits. The only way to go, IMHO. They're certainly the easiest in terms of donning a wetsuit. If for some reason you don't like the look between dives, pull a pair of shorts on over them.

Men's Swim Jammers at SwimOutlet.com

A bunch of guys I dive with wear jammers, as do I. Pretty comfortable and they dry pretty quick.

I think most people who dive have gotten to the point where they know and understand that giving up a little dignity is what you need to do. I wear a longer speedo kind of as long as girl shorts or something. Many people wear a lot of things. Did I ever in my life think I would ever wear a speedo? Heck no!!!! Do they fit the purpose? Totally. They work well as lots of other tight fitting swimsuit will. Just a matter of choice. If you're really uncomfortable... get a drysuit??????????

Edit: I wear something really similar to the poster above yet 5 inches shorter. Anything will work. You just have to give up a little dignity. Everybody knows it.

I'm a fan of the Banana Hammock, but that's just me.

---------- Post added July 1st, 2013 at 10:21 PM ----------

On a serious not I use under armor boxer briefs when I dive wet.

A speedo is most comfortable. You can wear a pair of shorts over the speedo when you are not wearing a wetsuit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom