What to wear under a wet suit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Speedo jammers. With the sights I have seen with people gearing up, I have lost all sense of self conciousness wearing them :)

Let's face it, wet suits and assorted under suit clothing choices combined with the many body types who dive don't exactly create a SI Swimsuit Edition experience - male or female.

I just go commando. I'm using a freedive suit now when I dive wet though. When I used to use an O'Neil J-suit I would wear a dive skin underneath. It seemed to keep me a little warmer and I could wear it under my clothes until it was time to suit up. The problem with wearing anything under your suit though is once you take it off you're stuck wearing a wet swimsuit. So now you either have to wear that or strip naked.

If I really need to change in a public area, sometimes I will bring along an army poncho. Put that on and it will cover you down to your knees and leave plenty of room to squeeze into your suit.

Wear everything you own. And then some extra stuff....

oops hold on - I forgot to check your profile. If you are 50+ and male, please observe my above guidance.

If you are very much younger, and look good, then sport it and be proud. We all need something to aspire too.

I wear both lightly padded and unpadded cycling shorts underneath. The rubber at the ends prevents them from riding up when I pull the wetsuit over them. Plus you don't really feel the padding anyway.

You can go jammers but ill always be rockin the speedos! :wink:

I wear a speedo under my wetsuit(s). I find they are the least restrictive. I am not thin. I do not have a six pack, except in the fridge.

Wear what you want. But as others have suggested, board shorts are not a good thing under a wetsuit.

To all my brothas out there that rock the "tarzan tidies" with me:
Img214575159.jpg
As a water polo player for 8 years and a collegiate swimmer, I wanted to pass on a tip that I have learned from years of experience.
If you are looking to get a new suit, GET A WATER POLO SUIT!!!!! There is a very big difference between water polo and swim suits that a lot of people don't know about.
Swim suits are made for speed with reduced drag (therefore not a lot of material), water polo suites are built to last! This is because they have to withstand getting grabbed and thrashed around by other players.
underwater.jpg
As a competitive swimmer, a normal suit would last me a couple of months before the chlorine ate away at the material making it transparent. Ive had some water polo suites for 5 years that I still wear today. Same for you too ladies!! They are a bit more expensive but will last you forever.

sidebar_79412comicnew.jpg
Turbo has been one of my favorite brands, I have a couple from them. Lots of designs that will make you proud to rock the speedo! :wink:
Men's Water Polo Suits at SwimOutlet.com

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom