What to wear under a wet suit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tilos, and maybe some others sell the lycra shorts with the rubber grippies on the legs

Probably mostly the same as the unpadded triathlon shorts.

Budgie smugglers for sure! (Google it)

yeah I wear nothing under mine, I've tried a few things over the years but just find being naked is the most comfortable you just need to put some thought in to when and where you'll be putting your wetsuit on and off. Mind you that reminds me of a time a few years ago I was working for a dive opp in Costa Rica. At the time they had 3 boats but one was a small RIB suitable for about 6 divers, on this particular day the boat was full so nice and cosy and after the second dive while getting everything broken down and stowed before we started heading to shore I happened to catch an eye full of this Dutch guy who also wore nothing under his wetsuit but had no issue with pulling it off in front of the whole boat then casually sifting through his dry bag for his clothes, not a care in the world. It was funny to watch everyone else on the boat take a huge sudden interest in something in any direction but his

I love my 1mm Scubapro Hybrid shorts. They give me added warmth to my core, make it easy to don a wetsuit & look good.

hybrid_shorts.jpg

Triathlete shorts for me. Slimming ;-0 and dry quick. Typically have quick dry hiking shorts I throw over them between dives. I'm a cyclist, so these are what I am use to wearing without the padding.

Terry

I just wear what momma gave me... I see no reason to put anything else on unless I start having trouble getting in and out of my suit(s) without flashing the whole boat. If/when that happens I'll consider putting something on under my suits but more likely I'll change in the head or where I'm out of eye sight. I'm just not comfortable with things on underneath... even something as benign as a rash guard or cycling shorts is noticeable to me.

Back
Top Bottom