What to tell the spouse

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Never understood these kinds of posts. How does a marriage work when the husband...or wife...has to sneak around when buying things? Makes no sense to me.

Hiding your purchase implies that you either can't afford it or its something offensive/illegal. If you can afford it and you want it, then just buy it. If it's offensive/illegal, then you shouldn't be buying it in the first place.

Man up. Grow a beard. Eat bacon.

Who earned the bonus? This money should not be included in your actual budget nor income. It is a BONUS so in my opinion you should be able to spend it on what ever you want. Now it might be nice to spend sometime on her too.

Who took care of other things so you could earn the bonus? You are either a team or not.

You guys are slacking.

Here is what you do:

Take the AI computer back to the store. Buy a Petrel 2. Then tell her.

What works for myself and my wife. We automatically discuss any purchase over $100. For other people in different income brackets that number may be different. Anything less than $100 we can spend without talking first. Having a hard and fast rule like that helps to curb those impulse purchases.

No problem here. Wife bought a $7000 Bernina sewing machine. I have a lot of catching up.

Holy cow! Does it spit out fully loaded bucket seats automatically or something?

What works for myself and my wife. We automatically discuss any purchase over $100. For other people in different income brackets that number may be different. Anything less than $100 we can spend without talking first. Having a hard and fast rule like that helps to curb those impulse purchases.

what if you pay for it over some months... does that count as spending under 100?? :D

Back
Top Bottom