What to tell the spouse

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

freewillie

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I've always wanted to set up my rig with a wireless air integrated computer. So I get this big bonus at work and had the funds burning a whole in my pocket. I am going on a family vacation next week and stopped by the LDS to check out their computers. My intention was to just window shop but next thing I know I'm pulling out my wallet.

I guess I need to come clean at some point, I'm just not sure when. I had a buddy buy a snow board once, kept it hidden in the garage behind his old board. We went on a ski/snowboard trip and when he pulled the new board out his wife said, "When were you going to tell me? You actually thought I wouldn't notice?!" Must be some genetic thing. My wife notices everything too!

Free willy, first you need to have a separate account you put expense reports bonuses etc. In. Then you can deposit and put part of it in the account and you look like a rock star...

Second. ... When I die do not let my wife sell my gear for what I said I paid for it.

Sounds like you have not been married very long. A bit of advice for you--don't hide stuff. Sooner or later you are going to have to disclose what you have been hiding, and when you do, you will erode the trust your wife has in you, and that is hard to recover. Think of it from her perspective, and don't put her in a position where she is going to wonder what else you are hiding. Just my opinion after being married for 47 years.

It's hard enough to remember things the way they actually happened, don't start dreaming up lies. Don't hide things; it might seem cute, but grown women don't appreciate cute men. Weakling behavior, deceit and cowardice are not winning behaviors with women any more than with anyone else.

Be open and fair. Every now and then surprise her by spending some of your mad money on something she would really like. The nice thing about sharing your life with a good companion is that making the other person happy comes back to you & then some. Yeah, the reverse might be true too...

Signature 25+ yrs

Don't try to hide it... just lie about the cost.

:D

I know of a guy who dropped $3.5k on a scooter without telling his wife. He kept it in the back of his car for months fearing that his wife would discover it in the garage.

So cheer up bud. You're not the first and only knucklehead diver husband.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

When I started skydiving, I had several friends inquire about the cost. I told them that it cost around $10,000 to learn to skydive. $1,000 for the training, $4,000 for the rig, and $5,000 for the diamond. I never had any issues with my wife about it. Seriously, just take RJP's advice.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom