What To Eat Before Diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No special diet for diving,but its usually day off my 50%protien40%carb10%fat routine.High fiber whole grains provide most of the carbs.Diving day finds me usually eating protein bars,fruit and as always plenty o' water.Look at my profile to see results.On occasion we will eat at a BBQ shack on the way home.

Just about anything I can stick a fork into. And then some.

got to be an egg and bacon butty - has to be white crusty bread and ketchup! Sorry guys!! Problem is you can't get hold of decent bacon in japan or the right bread for that matter....

But never, never, never katsu currey! You only make that kind of mistake once....

Jonathan

much better to go for sashimi as sushi tends to get a bit mushy!!

Last weekend there was a large school (if that is the right collective) of quid within 30m of the shore - I am not sure if they knew how much danger they were in round there..... I think my instructor may have had a chance of getting a few as he was using a rebreather but alas they heard my bubbles....

Anyway if you can get a decent egg and bacon butty who needs to snack during the dive...

Jonathan

I tend to eat light before -- and at least an hour before. Otherwise I end up getting gas. After that's another tale... and a separate thread

That all depends on you & the type of diving you'll be doing. If you are getting seasick avoid anything with grease or acid - coffee, tomato or citrus juices etc. Diving doesn't require any special diet, although it is best to avoid gas producing foods.

A couple of scrambled eggs and dry toast for breakfast.

Lunch: Apple or banana, protein - egg or tuna, water

No citrus for me, as a get the burps

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom