What to do with scary adult divers whose children are better trained?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Greetings sohnje and I feel for you and the instructors involved. This is a very bad situation that could go either way. If the husband and son become aware of their inadequacies there is a opportunity to intervene before anyone gets hurt. This can only be achieved through very careful communication. Then it is up to them. As far as the mother is concerned I am afraid her judgement is clouded at best. If she is a navy trained diver she would understand both her husband and son are not in the condition nor have the water skills of a navy diver. It is not like you have not stressed the reason for your concern is their well being and safety. A cavalier attitude gets divers into trouble over and over again and when you have a adult "mother" telling student divers that the rules are faulty, "to conservative". I understand your fears and am glad you feel the way you do. THANK YOU for caring about safety and proper dive practices.
Never back down when encouraging safety and explaining why we do not push the limits. Seems really odd that this involves parents. Being a parent doesn't make it ok to put your kid at risk! I am concerned and hope this situation works out for the best.
CamG Keep....diving....keep training....keep learning!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom