What things in diving give you the willies?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The spotted eel that was coming up between Eric's legs after a lionfish lollipop...

Eels, anything snake like.

Seven foot tall dive buddies. Keep thinking there's a shark next to me! :wink:

Night dives, hate 'em, won't do 'em, definately won't guide 'em.

Overhead, where I can't see the exit.

Titan triggerfish attack; many, many times in Bali, usually whilst guiding, much to guests amusement.

Fire coral; the reason I never dive in shorties. Bloody stuff seems to reach out for your bare skin.

Really rough beach entries; like Tulamben (Bali) when the surf is up, and I roll up and down the beach with the swell :D

---------- Post added February 27th, 2014 at 02:20 PM ----------

I'll never open a burlap sack found UW again.

Intrigued, what did you find?

Fun thread... much better than trolling people over their gear configurations!

Unfortunately, I don't get bothered by things that are an actual threat (sharks, props, etc.) What freaks me out is all these weird little invertebrates. Crawly little, sea slugs, arrow crabs, mantis shimp.... don't even get me started about sea cucumbers... OMG Horseshoe crabs! stay the hell away from me!

I don't trust invertebrates, never have. I know they have some agenda and by the time I figure it out, it could be too late.

Waiting on the surface for the boat to pick you up on a night drift dive and the boat taking its sweet time. Sailing through the "tongue of the ocean" and stopping for a cooling off swim wondering what is lurking thousands of feet below you and if they can hear you swimming.

Really rough beach entries; like Tulamben (Bali) when the surf is up, and I roll up and down the beach with the swell :D--------- Post added February 27th, 2014 at 02:20 PM ----------

This! This! This is the reason I do NOT shore dive ever......except for when I went to Tulumben for somewhere different on a weekend getaway. What fun is that? I paid money to get tumbled like a upside down turtle after having lost a torch and fin on a nightdive....and have a 77 year old Korean woman diver stroll past me like she was levitating a foot above the rocks. One and only time I ever shoredive and thats what happens.....you can stick your shore diving and your tulumben where it fits :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom