What things in diving give you the willies?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bad and dangerous divers in my group or as a buddy. I keep thinking they're going to get themselves and myself in trouble.

Sent from my RM-941_eu_finland_208 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added March 1st, 2014 at 04:17 PM ----------

The thought of being low on air and seeing a Crocodile above me.

What if the crocodile has an octopus? :p

One thing that made me a bit uncomfortable one time was while doing a night dive a school of relativly large bait fish just abpeared out of nowhere and would just fly by us very quickly, not the normal behavor i tend to see. they would just pop out of the darkness and strait past us, in our heads something was chasing them. the thought was a bit creepy. there's probably a shark or something lingering around us just out side the beem of my light.

It may sound silly but descending in a lake where I can't see the bottom. In the ocean I am fine but in lakes even the one I grew up on it still gives me the willies every time I descend and can't see the bottom. 150 foot descent in the ocean is fine but 40 feet in a lake? Yup still give me shivers.

No particular occasion other than a few seconds of adrenalin rush and the ensuing sphincter pucker.

This happened when I did not immediately recognize the path in front of me after a sharp turn, 800 feet in a cave.

The Empress of Ireland, I have not been there but was told of the spirit of a teenage victim haunting it.

The encounter of witch was possibly brought on by a dark narc, who knows...

The ocean liner sank two years before the Titanic and more than a thousand lives were lost. It went down in 14 minutes, in ice cold waters.

It lies in 140 feet in the St-Lawrence estuary, dark cold waters, strong currents and a gloomy environment make it a challenging dive.

A few years ago two divers lost their way and died a horrible death inside the hull. They were found in a cabin, the place bore traces of fighting, probably caused by panicked divers running out of air and fighting for the last remaining puffs. They could see outside trough a porthole.

A dark aura surrounds the place.

Well I'm glad thats the last post I read before bed. Here come the nightmares. :wink:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom