What things in diving give you the willies?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not that I would attempt this, but swimming naked over a bobbit worm hole would give me the willies :shocked2:

Being new to scuba for me so far, It was going through a swim trough /w overhead about 15 ft long that turned a corner. Did not like that at all I was following my buddy but it got murky and I got claustrophobic and really had to focus to not not panic ahead. Loved the shark dive hated the swim through. Will not be doing that again.

Coming up and finding out that the Afrin I had hosed up my nose for allergies had worn off (reverse ear squeeze) and down to 500psi. Visions of having my eardrums blow out running through my head. I was able to go down a little, get my ears mostly cleared, and then get out of the water. Done for the day.

Losing the boat. Came up where I thought the boat should have been and found three other similar boats in it's place. It turned out it had been moved over a little bit but I couldn't see it. Dive buddy was even more lost.

Since the majority of my dives have been in freshwater...

There are people that you never want to see naked. What gives me the willies is finding some of them skinny-dipping while diving.

DFB

Maybe you gave the bobbit worms the willies... :D
Shouldn't that be "the willy", singular? After all, most of us have maximum one :D

Shouldn't that be "the willy", singular? After all, most of us have maximum one :D

Hopefully no bobbit worm will grab mine which is why I always wear a wetsuit :D

I did meet a girl with a double vagina though ….. but that is another story

Surf coming up bad during a dive. We had to grab a line and get dragged to a more sheltered spot before we could get anywhere near the bucking ladder. I coped but didn't enjoy the experience.

The idiot captain that wanted us to climb the ladder right next to the motor with the prop running:fear: We were quite explicit in our directions about what he could do with his motor:shakehead: Never dive with a captain who has never taken divers out before!

surfacing in current to find NO BOAT! Don't want that experience again!

Currents so strong they rip your mask off when you turn your head...I'll sit that out next time!

The sound of a splash followed by anchor chain rattling somewhere close by .. just typing that makes my hair stand on end.

Buddy separation has always given me the willies and it is even worse the last while...

I had a weightbelt dropped on me once. Fortunately I was at depth and sensed something coming at me in the nick of time. It's true, that I haven't been so sanguine about that sort of thing since.

Back
Top Bottom