What thickness?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi ZMA,

I wear a good full 7mm with a 5/3mm hooded vest, 5mm gloves, 5mm booties and am quite comfortable down to about 50 degrees for an hour dive. I get a bit chilly in the high 40's and bask in warmth in the low to mid 50s. The 10mm over my torso and limited water excursion really seem to be the keys for me.

Best of luck, good diving, Craig

Hi ZMA,

I wear a good full 7mm with a 5/3mm hooded vest, 5mm gloves, 5mm booties and am quite comfortable down to about 50 degrees for an hour dive. I get a bit chilly in the high 40's and bask in warmth in the low to mid 50s. The 10mm over my torso and limited water excursion really seem to be the keys for me.

Best of luck, good diving, Craig

I was diving about the same before I got my drysuit: 7/5 1 pc. with 6/3 hooded vest, 5mm gloves and 6.5mm boots. Temps varying from high 40s to mid-high '50s. I've actually dived in just the one piece, gloves, boots and my drysuit hood in 41 deg. F and been comfortable, but that was in a freshwater mountain lake with nothing much to look at, so I swam a lot and stayed reasonably warm.

Guy

I think best buy will be 5mm mono + 5mm jacket. 7+7 need more weight and harder to put on/off.
In any case if you'll go dive in future in cold water you'll buy dry suit.

I agree 5mm full + 5 mm overshorty is the most flexible and most importantly get a good hood

Sorry, but are these two the same things? If not, what's the mono?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom