What Sort Of Pets Do You Have?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

clouddancerss

Registered
Reaction score
I was wondering what sort of pets everybody has.I've had all sorts:the usual cats and dogs, parrots, reptiles, rats, ferrets, hamsters, a tarantula, and even a Hermit Tree Crab.

Hi clouddancerss,

Is your question current pets or pets all time? I'll answer both ways. I had a dog growing up. Currently I have tanks and tanks of tropical freshwater fish (dwarf cichlids). Would love to start a reef tank (now that I've seen them in the wild :)) but don't have the space available to set up what I want.

Did that answer your question? Hope so.

Daryl

Growing up we had 5 cats. Baby Cakes, Black Sabbath, Pepe, Fluffernutter, and Patches.
Now I have one cat, Shayna.
I love dogs, but never I have never owned one. I never had the right back yard. Still don't.
So, I always enjoy other people's dogs when I can.

Oh yes, I have a had a few fresh water tanks too.

I have a shephard mutt that I asopted when I was in college, named Lady. And I have an African Bells Hingeback Tortoise named Darwin Buffett.

Jen and I are a volunteer foster home for several local animal rescue agencies.

We have five dogs that we own. Three mini Dachsunds, a Shep/Akita mix and a Shep/god knows what mix :) At any time we could have up to four or so fosters running around. Right now I have two, a Dobie and a Chihouhua.

I've also been keeping aquariums since I was a little kid. I have done everything from Guppies to reef and have even bred some marine fish. I always have a bunch of different tanks going at any given time.

2 dogs when were were growing up - Shane and Jane (short-haired terrier-type mutts

later when I decided on my own... cats!

Quite a few over time (seems that their independance is far reaching).

Currently we have 2 cats and one dog. The cats are odd at best. Abe, a curious tortise-shell colored male ally cat, is outwardly affectionate and love to play with the dog (yep - "I bet you can't catch me" games). Moonbeam (don't ask) is a calico female is a distant and "skiterish soul. SHe keeps her distance from most, but like to cuddle with the dog when the dog is calmly cleaning her. Kissumi is a youthful pedigree Shiz-tzu, and loves to wrestle, play tug-o-war, and fetch (typical dumb dog stuff)

.. I had a parakete for a pet. Tommy, my bird , had free run of the house. He would wake me up in the morning and do all kinds of tricks.

Back then in the olden days refrigerators had to be defrosted manually on a regular basis. One day my mother took all of the food out of the refrigerator and left the door open so that the air would defrost the refrigerator.

I came home from school and Tommy did not fly over and land on my shoulder like he usaually did. "Mom were is my bird'"I asked. She said, "gee, I haven't seen him all day come to think about it."

Then I went to the refrigerator to get something to drink. There was Tom half frozen on one of the shelves. Mom never knew he was in there where it was time to close the door and plug the frig back in.

The lady next door was an expert on paraketes so we call her. She asked if he was sitll alive. I said yes but he was shivering and lifeless.

She said to get some gasoline and put a drop or 2 under his bill.
So I went to the back shed and got some gasoline and did as she said.

Well the bird took off and flew around the kitchen . Round and Round at a speed I never saw before. Then he fell to the kitchen table. Feet up in the air and his wings didn't move.

He was out of gas.

Ben:
That was an awful story.
I thought you were supposed to be Ben Cool?

Back
Top Bottom