What size is your Nitrox tank?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

2 PST 104's my single tanks
double PST E-7 100's
double PST E-8 130's
1 40cu ft Luxfer for deco

My Nitox tanks are sometimes my Trimix Tanks too!! :wink:

If you can.. try before you buy.

I personally did not like the pst hp 100's and went with Worthington LP 108's instead.

I own:
2 Luxfer Al 80's
2 Worthington LP108 Nitrox clean

The tank you decide on depends on the diving you do..
I would suggest (if possible) buy two of whatever you decide on.. Do you typically do only one dive per trip?

Do you have any tanks currently? If you are looking for one tank to do Eanx, then get one cleaned?

For nitrox I have my 2 PST HP80's set up. Normal fills around 3600-3800.If depths average 30-35 ft I can get 2 1/2 hours out of one and still end up w 400psi. Also have 3 steel 72's for air. As someone said, PST's come with a DIN/K valve.

I have a pair of Fabers 98 LP. I find tha LP tanks are much better for blending than the HP (partial pressure). Also using it with a OMS or DR BP/W I do not need to use any weights.

T

Hey Bob,
Didnt know you were in here. Came across your post today. I think you were in the same class as my wife this summer at Diane's BDC...??

FABER LP95

as a side note look at what you are diving now. can you carry more tank weight?
the notrox lets me dive a bit longer so i can get by with a smaller tank using nitrox. i get an hour at 60' where the 80 aluminum gives me about 40 min. the lp stele you can over fill with much more comfort margin than aluminum so if you can carry a 100 or 120 lp you can fil to the near equivilant of double 80's. another thing to think about is that air weighs 7-8 lb per 100 cu ft. you have to comp for this large weight change. if you are not going to go for 2 hour dives you may want to stick with the 45 min time frame and figure the air you need and find the tank with the bouyancy specs to support it. the air is nice to have but if you are overfilling a lp100 nitrox and diving with a bunch that are all using 20% al 80's, that air is going to be expensive unless your shop prorates the fill and the o2 costs. many places have a flat fee for nitrox some charge by the cu ft. another thing to think about is how you air is blended. some shops have banks of 32%. no problem filling. however if the shop is partial pressure fillling it is a little tough to fill a tank that is 1500 lb and put 3-500 lb of o2 before topping off with air to get you back to your ordered blend and fill pressure. i bought my lp95 because i used more air than i used to. and more than those i would be diving with. women supposedly use much less air. in short there is no real right answer but use caution not to go over kill. there is a price to pay for it.

kws

Cat alu 80 and a pair of Cat alu 80's banded .

PST E7-100. Same diameter as a standard AL80, though slightly shorter, so convenient to use. 30% more air than an 80, at rated pressure, great for a non-air-sipper.

Back
Top Bottom