What size for henderson hyperstretch?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

occy

Reaction score
Hi,

I bought a wetsuit 2 years ago which seemed to fit me nicely (after countless try-ons, and blisters on my hands). But now my suit had become really rigid, and putting it on before dives takes a lot of effort and blisters on my hands again. This fight with neopreen is really taking out the fun for me.

On the scubaboard I found a lot of women who are very enthousiastic about the Henderson Hyperstretch. It kinda seems ideal for me now since I am a 'bigger' girl (5,7 and a waist of 50" :rolleyes:

The problem is that I live in the Netherlands, and Henderson doesn't have any retailers in Europe. So in order for me to get the suit I'd have to order from a US Online store which will amount to about $ 45 of shipping fee (don't even know about custom fees). And ofcourse, since I can't just send it on retour, I'd have to make sure I get the right size right away!

I've read that you need to take 1 or 2 sizes down from your regular wetsuit size. My european wetsuit size is 44 (a 16 in the USA), and I'm 1.76 (about 6'8ft) long. Does anyone know what size hyperstretch 7/5 mm suit I have to order?

And as for online stores, which is best for sending stuff to Europe?

thnx

occy:
Hi,

I bought a wetsuit 2 years ago which seemed to fit me nicely (after countless try-ons, and blisters on my hands). But now my suit had become really rigid, and putting it on before dives takes a lot of effort and blisters on my hands again. This fight with neopreen is really taking out the fun for me.

On the scubaboard I found a lot of women who are very enthousiastic about the Henderson Hyperstretch. It kinda seems ideal for me now since I am a 'bigger' girl (5,7 and a waist of 50" :rolleyes:

The problem is that I live in the Netherlands, and Henderson doesn't have any retailers in Europe. So in order for me to get the suit I'd have to order from a US Online store which will amount to about $ 45 of shipping fee (don't even know about custom fees). And ofcourse, since I can't just send it on retour, I'd have to make sure I get the right size right away!

I've read that you need to take 1 or 2 sizes down from your regular wetsuit size. My european wetsuit size is 44 (a 16 in the USA), and I'm 1.76 (about 6'8ft) long. Does anyone know what size hyperstretch 7/5 mm suit I have to order?

And as for online stores, which is best for sending stuff to Europe?

thnx

I would email CrazyScuba.com and ask them their advice, and give them and address to see if they ship to your address. Britt has been fitting wetsuits for 21 years or so, he's really good. They may not be able to do it but maybe they can. It's worth a shot.
Email crazyscuba@aol.com

Good luck! I absolutely LOVE my hyperstretch, I won't wear anything else.

C U underwater, :snorkel:
ScubaDivaDivemaster
I love www.CrazyScuba.com, they saved me LOTS of scuba money! :sappy:

thnx for the reply.
I've sent them an e-mail. I really hope they don't charge too much for shipping and custom fees though. Might be too expensive :disappoin

I'll post a follow up

Occy,

Don't know if you ordered your suit yet (I also live in holland and got interested on the henderson hyperstretch after all the positive reviews on the net) but if you did could you post your expierence?

ALso i don;t want to but in but you said you're 6'8 (1,76). Ik think you mean 5'8 !!! Its a difference of about 30 cm !!! :))

I'm about 1.84 which is between 5'9 and 6'.

hope this helps

SMC you're right about the size, I am 5'8 :11doh: noticed the error when I ran some converters on the web when contacting Crazyscuba.

I got my suit about a month ago, after paying 140 euro duty taxes :(

I have to say, it fits like a charm. Made 1 dive in de Oosterschelde with it, but the water was pretty warm back then. I couldn't resist taking it to Egypt a week ago, and did all my dives with my 7 mm there (though the water was 33 Celcius :icon10: ). It is so easy to put on and off!

I don't know if it is warm enough for in the Netherlands when the waters start getting colder though. If it isn't I'll have to consider buying a shorty or neoprene vest to add to the suit.

For me, up untill now it is definitely worth it to buy one (with lot's of thanks to Crazyscuba)!

BTW. I lived my childhood in Hoofddorp, my parents still live there. Did my OW course at The Wave in Hillegom.

I like mine too. I am guessing you might be a 14 or so.

I think I ordered mine from Scubatoys or Leisure Pro.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom