What should I get her?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

teknitroxdiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hail thee, O wise Scubaboard. I approach thee with a inquiry. :eyebrow:

There's a girl that I'm getting to be pretty good friends with. :blinking: She's graduating high school the first part of June, and I'd like to get her something. Here's where I come up short....I'm terrible when it comes to picking out a gift for someone. So, it's time for the wise and witty members of the great Scubaboard to come up with some ideas for 'ol Teknitroxdiver. :coffee: If you need some info about her (No, you can't have her phone number) to help make a suggestion, go ahead and ask.

Thanks a bunch! :D

how much older than her are you?

Does she dive? What are some of her interests? Would she appreciate something that could be used or displayed more? What about bought from a store or made by you more?

Does she have a hobby? If so, and being a recent high school grad - get her something related that might be out of her budget at the moment. It doesn't have to be expensive - just something that she would want, but that might not be in her top five of priorities.

I could suggest stuff for diving or for photography if they are of interest.

Music downloads - like a gift card - might be nice. Gift cards to a funky store, again, just something she would choose if she didn't have to prioritize spending are always a good bet...

She is 17, same as me. She does not dive. She snowboards, sings, makes jewelry, wants to become an electrician. She's not going to college.

Get one of those clamp light things, $6 or so at Home depot or Lowes. Go to Walmart and find a stainless steel trash can, I found one with diamond embossing with a plastic bottom. Drill a hole (1 inch or so?) in the middle of the bottomof the trash can, affix light thing on it. (buy the smaller clamp light thing. take off clamp. unscrew aluminum thing, if you drilled the right size hole, you might can screw on the light fixture. If you can, on the other side, screw back on the aluminum thing, just to make sure it'll stay.) Screw in lamp (find a funky one, or a flourescent. Either be cool or be safety (heat) and energy conscious). Get short extension cord, plug in. Boom, you ahve a cool lamp. And she wants to be an electrician, and shel ikes to make jewely. Maybe she'll love it.

You could go all out and design a nifty chandelier too.

Oh yeah...another point to keep in mind: I'll have to be able to take it from Arkansas to California on an airliner.

There are tons of jewelry making bits and pieces that she'd probably love - head into your local mall or craft store thingy and ask "What would you get someone who already makes jewelry?" They should be able to point you to something that she'd like but might not get herself. I'm thinking more of a tool or a really special piece that she could then incorporate into something grand for a special friend or client. Something to take it to the next level.

Or electricians need tools - ask your local training centre for what to get for a new apprentice.

dude homemade is were its at! just be sure to put lots of thought into it though!

Any idea about what I should make? I'm a pretty good welder/fabricator so I can make some stuff out of metal.

How about some ideas for stuff to buy, just to get a variety of options?

Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom