What should I do next?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Geddes

Reaction score
With the diving season (for me anyway) winding down quickly, I want to plan next years diving goals. This year I got back into the sport, reviewed some basics and I'll be diving in the carib in Sept. (hurricanes subsiding). I'm OW certed with lots of easy dives under my belt long ago, and a few easy ones recently. I want to take a class or two/three next year. One class high on my list is equipment maintenance. Mostly for piece of mind and I might be able to do this class is winter. So the other choices are, AOW, nitrox, DIR-F, drysuit, and I'm sure Im missing something. I think AOW is a must, and will probably be completed in the spring, but where after that? What is the best 'next step' ?

Thanks.

IMHO...

AOW - Gives you a "taste" of a number of things.

Peak Performance Bouyancy - The most basic of basic skills.

Drysuit - The season will never end.

Rescue Diver

I agree with the comments about bouyancy made by MgicTwnger although I think that Dir-F would be the better choice between PPB and DIR-F. I think you you'll see a higher standard of bouyancy control with DIRF and there are more things taught besides the bouyancy control. All in all more bang for your $$$$.

Definitely Drysuit and Rescue Diver also.

Yup - pretty much what they said :D

I dunno about DIR-f cos i've never even looked at the system.
Drysuit is great cos ya can dive all the time then! To get to rescue would be a big plus too cos then you can be confident with your own skills if something was to happen to you or a buddy when you were on a dive!

I like Navigation too- always helps to know how to use that compass to its max capabilty!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom