What Scubapro regulator is best for combating dry mouth?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a Sherwood Oasis that has moisture retention fins inside the mouthpiece. In theory it captures and recycles the exhaled moisture. It's slightly better than nothing, but it doesn't really solve dry throat. I sometimes bring a reuseable soft sided hydration bottle in my BC pocket and drink during the dive.

sea sickness medication exacerbates dry mouth "they" say

My 109s which I use everywhere for everything up down and sideways keep me moist
The best for drymouth is the 109/156.
Up go those prices again

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

Up go those prices again
I know and I need a couple more. I left one with a DM in Cuba a couple years ago as a gift and gave one to a friend in Mexico. I'm hoping I can find someone who would like to trade one for a G250 or D300. I have plenty of those, and a bunch of D series poppets.

I know and I need a couple more. I left one with a DM in Cuba a couple years ago as a gift and gave one to a friend in Mexico. I'm hoping I can find someone who would like to trade one for a G250 or D300. I have plenty of those, and a bunch of D series poppets.
D metal poppets?do I have to hunt down a 109 or just help finance one?

One thing that might help is to very strictly control your breathing. Overexertion and heavy breathing are what usually leads to dry mouth for me. During lobster hunting season when I'm more likely to huff and puff is when I notice dry mouth more often.

Remember to breath nice and slow and easy. See if that helps with the drying of the mouth

I know the 4th gen S600s[2010 and newer, see pics, unsure when that gen ended] have metal air barrels. I have Gen1 and Gen 2 S600s that came with plastic air barrels...and those now have the 4th gen S600 internal parts [case, diaphram, cover all original]...but that only matters if you believe that a metal air barrel is better at preventing dry mouth over a plastic air barrel. YMMV, just more options on a SP "dry mouth fighter"...I reason that the S620Ti regs have a [metal] air barrel [titanium], too....

Attachments

• upload_2017-7-1_20-38-25.png
    upload_2017-7-1_20-38-25.png
    96.4 KB · Views: 20
  • upload_2017-7-1_20-38-53.png
    upload_2017-7-1_20-38-53.png
    63.3 KB · Views: 20
  • upload_2017-7-1_20-39-16.png
    upload_2017-7-1_20-39-16.png
    53.6 KB · Views: 27
  • upload_2017-7-1_20-39-43.png
    upload_2017-7-1_20-39-43.png
    55.5 KB · Views: 28
If you want a wet reg, the old Oceanic Omega 2 breathes wet. I use them as my Octopus on both of my regs (because they have no up or down so you can put the hose out either side).

Otherwise, I occasionally just take my reg out of my mouth and swish a bit of sea water every now and then if the air has really dried me out.

Back
Top Bottom