What’s the coolest non-diving thing you’ve done with your scuba gear?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

....got home and my wife started the dishwasher. The water poured all over the floor because something had plugged the drain hose.

I disconnected the hose and proceeded to manually blow. Nothing.

A light went on and I got my tank, rigged a rubber hose from the tank to the clogged drain hose and let 'er rip. Opened that sucker right up.

Now I figure I saved a 1 hour visit from the plumber. We'll say $100. The way I look at it, I ought to be able to spend that on equipment, right?

Beck

Dagnabbit !!!!
I start falling for SueMermaid only to find out that she's engaged !!!
There just ain't no justice in the world.
The only woman I've ever known who dons her scuba gear in the privacy of her own home and scares the crap out of her cats . . . !!!
Alas, alas, what shall I do !?!?!?!?!

Awwww, you're sweet. :blush: But you're better off without me. I am really a tough person to live with. I'm really very high maintenance and have several very expensive habits. Ask Joe. He flies planes for a living to keep me in scuba gear. :D

Oh, and maybe a Dr. can correct me if I am wrong, but I believe the headache and icky feeling of a hangover is largely due to dehydration. But O2 certainly can't hurt!

SueMermaid:
Oh, and maybe a Dr. can correct me if I am wrong, but I believe the headache and icky feeling of a hangover is largely due to dehydration. But O2 certainly can't hurt!
Yes, there was a confusion back there. Being drunk is the result of lower oxygen levels in the bloodstream (and therefore less to the brain). Dehydration and a depletion of vitamin B are both big contributors to hangover.

James

H2Andy:
ScubaBoard does not endorse the use of spear guns on
people, even if they are lazy teenagers. Cats, dogs,
sea mammals, and residents of Idaho are fair game, however.
I resemble that remark! :11ztongue

I forgot about that. In college I had to do a "show and tell" for a class I was taking. The scuba gear presentation went over pretty well. I showed one of the underwater videos I made, in the backgroud, during the talk.

This is kinda embarressing..... but.....

A few weeks ago, I found a pot in the back of my fridge behind all the beer. I had no clue what was in it, and really don't remember it ever being left there. Well I pulled it out to find what was left of a nice delicate chedder cheese soup I had made a LONG time ago.

To say the very least, this soup was no longer delicate, and I don't think it was chedder any longer. Since I am in the process of moving, after lifting the lid and getting smacked in the face with the smell of death I bolted to my room in search for my gas mask. (Yes I really own a gas mask) Well it had already been boxed up. Out came the pony bottle and regulator!

Considering this is the only emergency I have ever used the pony for, I think that was a pretty good reason.

I went to a nightclub for a crazy night, it was just we had to find a disguise, and i thought that getting into the club with a shorty, and the whole kit was pretty cool :) drinking a few beers through the snorkel (old style without the valve obviously)... the most difficult was getting up the stairs after the evening with the fins on..

I also filled balloons up with those little blower nozzles which we can put on the HP valve, very efficient and much faster than blowing them when you do 200 of them..

Otherwise... hmm no, I prefer doing it the other way, using non diving related stuff, like those liquid apple stews to eat something during my safety stop, or a camelBack do have a drink underwater... preventing dehydratation it's quite efficient and it's an easy fix to the tank :)

let's see... coolest things i've done with my scuba gear:

1. proven beyond a reasonable doubt that NOTHING is fool-proof

2. re-invented chaos theory

3. proved that bunjee chord will try to strangle you if given half the chance

4. gave myself a hernia

5. cultivated new strains of pennicillin in my wetsuit

Back
Top Bottom