WHat Regulator?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

blooue4u

Reaction score
I Just got my certification last year and I think it is now time to buy my own regulator. What regulator do you guys prefer? I dive here in the philippines (tropical waters) Pls help me since I have no idea on what to buy.. Thanks a bunch!

blooue4u:
I Just got my certification last year and I think it is now time to buy my own regulator. What regulator do you guys prefer? I dive here in the philippines (tropical waters) Pls help me since I have no idea on what to buy.. Thanks a bunch!

You may want to post answers to the following questions:

How often do you dive?

Do you have any budget?

Since you said that you were certified last year, what type of regs have you used? Are there things that you liked or disliked about what you have used in the past?

How long do you plan on owning them? (For example, do you like a new car every couple of years or do you drive your car until it dies?)

APEX.........have fun.

Buy a reg locally that you can get serviced locally that ends up being more important than a specific brand for most divers. Service is available almost anywhere for Scubapro regs.

Also budget wise buy the best reg you can afford which greatly increases the chances of not having to replace it as soon if ever. Brand can make a major diffence here. Scuabpro, Apollo and Apex are all excellent quality regs and Scubapro has a history of supporting nearly every reg they have ever made, so you can safely plan on parts and service support for a new Scubapro reg for the next 2 to 4 decades.

blooue4u:

I honestly don’t know? Gee, so many to pick from…I would go for a Seemann Sub…they make the best ever…especially with ham and cheese and don’t forget their special sauce!

Sorry, got a little carried away Da Aquamaster and Aquaoren are right, serviceability and availability at your local shop is what counts in making the right decision.

Apeks
Us Divers
Scubapro

What did you dive with during your certification dives? Did you like it? Will your LDS let you try some out before making your decision? Apeks has some very nice regulators. All are top quality and they have them to fix pretty much every budget. My buddy dives a ScubaPro MK25. I have a friend who dives a poseidon. Wet breather, but it is neat that the bubbles don't go up infront of your face. All of us love our regs and would not trade them. Go talk to your LDS and see if they have some rentals you can try out so you can see what you like and then buy a new one.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom