What regulator do you lust after?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And in the case of the Mark 2 Evo pretty much an entire redesign. The Mark 25 Evo has additional protection from cold water freezing (a spring isolator and a coating on the spring) and if you had a willing shop you could (to my best knowledge) convert a Mark 25 to Evo. In the case of a Mark 17 vs a Mark 17 Evo (or Mark 2 vs a Mark 2 Evo) you cannot convert them to Evo as there were actual changes to the parts and regulator body that cannot be retrofitted. So depending upon the specific model it may just be additional cold protection and in others it is cold protection plus performance enhancements.
Yes the MK2 evo is a different animal and that’s why I have to have it.

Evo or not, nether are environmentally sealed.

If you see a blue main spring it's most likely EVO.

Evo written on end cap is a giveaway.

EVO is supposed to have better cold water resistance, spring is coated and some other such thing. I think they call it TIS, MK25 not my thing.
My mistake. Initially someone told me that it was going to be environmentally sealed when it was coming out, but now I remember learning it that it was more like insulated for better cold resistance, just like Simon says… :) Sorry for the confusion. I don’t know why it stuck in my head like that.

Would you still recommend it in 2023? Or suggest something else?
Yes. I would hunt it down like a giant pig and truffles. In my humble opinion, it is the most perfect regulator for traveling recreational divers. Especially those with a titanium addiction.

Have sellers remorse over the last one I sold🤦‍♂️ would've matched my C370s with S620 X-Ti Jan nuts very nicely indeed
🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️
yes, one of mine is beautifully matched with a C370 and S620xTi.

If it’s something “modern” made in the last 10 years, Scubapro MK19 + D420 or S6xx series or an Atomic ST1. However, totally happy with my used regs - Mares MR42T + Proton Metal “She Dives”(yes I know, but the light blue accents look cool).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom