What regulator do you lust after?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just want my regulator to be easily serviceable (not needing that service too often!) and have a well laid out set of ports on the first stage as well as having a bullet proof second. If I live long enough to finish accumulating my “dream regs” I’ll have a Conshelf 22 first and 1085 seconds and for travel another C-22 first and one 1085 box along with an AIR2 inflator combo. Of course I will periodically send them to @rsingler so they should last a lot longer than I do!
Froggie 🐸

I just want my regulator to be easily serviceable (not needing that service too often!) and have a well laid out set of ports on the first stage as well as having a bullet proof second. If I live long enough to finish accumulating my “dream regs” I’ll have a Conshelf 22 first and 1085 seconds and for travel another C-22 first and one 1085 box along with an AIR2 inflator combo. Of course I will periodically send them to @rsingler so they should last a lot longer than I do!
Froggie 🐸
I have an AIR2 you can have for $25
1696554537039.jpeg

Ahh. I've only knew of the keyhole in the diaphragm cover as the tell-tell sign of a conversion. You learn something new every day.
100 bucks on eBay.

The pics were bad but I could just barely catch a glimpse of the flat top.

Got ‘em!

It’s been converted. Looks great though.

The unconverted Pilots are quite uncommon.
There were good reasons for which they were all converted to Air-1, at the time...

There were good reasons for which they were all converted to Air-1, at the time...
Patents, difficulty of machining parts, and need for somewhat routine adjustments.

Buisiness reasons.

Patents, difficulty of machining parts, and need for somewhat routine adjustments.

Buisiness reasons.
Also finicky, hard to maintain tune, tiny little pieces that are hard to keep track of and properly reassembly plus the AIR 1 worked as well in actual diving but it is an amazing first step into the performance at any cost field of diving.

if you can get it working well take it on a dive on a pony, it’s pretty amazing performance wise.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom