What regs do you use?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you really care, ask the reg guys. I service my own, but I'm not one of the experts.

Binary Tree:

Environmentally sealed (cold water/crud) or not
Swivel turret or fixed
Piston or diaphragm

* note the above is ordered by my value judgment(s).

Recreational: Primarily use Atomic ST1 but also use B2 and SP's Mk25/s600

Tech.: Atomic M1 and SP MK25/s600.

I have used in the past regulators from Mares, Poseidon, AquaLung, Sherwood and others (DACOR in the very long past).

This is great guys. Keep it coming!
I feel like I'm seeing a much different image of what people on average are using than I expected from what I read on here in the more targeted threads.

Crazy overwhelming number of mk25/ s600 and atomics!

depends on my mood.....

Me:

Tech - ScubaPro MK-17/G250v, or Poseidon Xstream, DECO - DiveRite RG3ICE
Rec - Argonut Kraken, or various vintage DA Aquamaster (PRAM upgrades) double hoses (I own 7), ScubaPro MK-17 with G250/HOG Classic/HOG Zenith,
Warm Water Travel - DA Aquamaster (PRAM upgrades), ScubaPro MK-20/G250
Pony - ScubaPro MK-2/156

Wife & Daughter:

Warm: ScbaPro MK-20/G250
Cold: HOG D1-Cold/Classic

I'll play around with a bunch of older ScubaPro gear when the mood strikes me.....

Last edited:
similar to @rhwestfall, it depends on my mood/rig. What is also important though is that many of us dive regulators for weird reasons. Sentimental attachment, affiliations with brands, easy access to parts, buddies dive them, etc. I.e. I have a bunch of scubapro first stages, not because I really "wanted them" but because I was given an offer I couldn't refuse on them.

Doubles/CCR-Scubapro MK25's with Poseidon Jetstream second stages.
Sidemount-Another set of MK25/Jetstreams
Stage bottles- Poseidon 3960/Jetstreams
Deco Bottles-Poseidon 3960/Scubapro 109's

Singles-usually Argonaut Kraken, but rarely dive singles

If I'm diving super cold **** *try to avoid*, then Kraken comes out first. If for whatever reason I needed doubles, I'd seal the 3960's and make a set for that, but again, I try to avoid that if I can help it.

Primary: Aqualung Legend LX (1st & 2nd stage)
Octo: Apex Egress

If there was a seven step program for regulators a few of the folks in this thread would be candidates for treatment.

Me depending on the dive and my mood:

Apex XTX200
VDH Kraken double hose
Aqualung DA with Phoenix and HPR second stage upgrade
Scubapro Mk V with 109 second
Original US Divers Mistral double hose
Scubapro Mk VII with 109 second
Broxton Ave Blue label aqualung

The first two are my go to regulators. The others are toys for messing around with. They are listed in order of usage.

I'm looking at getting a pair of regulators for side mount. Right now I'm leaning toward the Deep 6 set. The reason I'm considering them are the positive reviews, price and availability of service kits.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom