What printer do you use?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The 2200 is likey the printer your sister has and has 7 carts, eight if you want to count the two types of black, but only one in the printer at a time.

This printer is about the best out there for under 1K for high quality prints up to 13"x19" with archival quality. It is NOT cheap at about $650-700, so it may be more than you need.

The lower end Epsons are very good, but most are limited with an 8" wide paper path. Other *good* printers include Canon, and HP, but I don't use them so can not provide advice first hand.

The *COST* of printing an image varies greatly with skill (like how many times it takes to get it right), what paper you use (how expensive) and IF you use Manufacture ink, or aftermarket.

I figure my costs for an 8x10 using Epson Ink, and high end paper (favorite is Epson Permium Luster) is between $1.50-$2.00.

Good Luck,
Ron

Far_X:
Maybe not the place to post this but as I am not a member of any photography forums, I thought I would try y'all. What sort of photo printers do people have? I know that my sister has an Epson that has nine cartridges in it (can't remember the model - stylus photo r800, I think) but she lives in England so I can't take advantage of that. I was looking at buying one but also worried about the actual cost to print a photgraph and whether they are comparable to these online printers that you can easily find. What are the biggest print sizes that they can do also? I know that someone will ask what sort of price range, I have no clue about that but nothing that cost more than my digital rebel!! It would be too envious. :wink: Thanks.

The Canon i9100 has 6 tanks

Black
Yellow
Cyan
Magenta
Photo Cyan
Photo Magenta

The photo tanks are used exclusively for photo prints. You use only black ink if you choose "print in grayscale" before printing a letter....

I'd consult the Yahoo printer forums for specific advice and problems before buying any large format printer. I'm not aware of any problems with the i9100. I've had problems with nozzles clogging... with other printers. It's a shame to have to buy ANOTHER $30 tank just because the nozzle clogged on the current one. This WILL NOT happen with the Canon.

Mark

I use a cannon S9000 it prints A3 with perfect clarity and it is also a very quick printer.

It is very quite and has the ability of user replacement of the entire printer head. Epson has to be sent back for a head change whereas the Cannon just unclips and away you go.

I have to confess I do not like Epson we have had 3 failures of new Epson printers in quick succession so I am not keen.

When I scanned in our wedding photos from negatives, printed some A3 the colour match was very close to the photo labs colour.

Peter

I use an Epson 925, which is a six ink printer. I love the results. I've done some on-line ordering and have been fairly happy with the prints from them. However, some must be reprinted on my Epson to get EXACTLY what I want. The only problem with this printer is that the color inks are in a single cartridge, rather than six individual ones, so when one ink runs out, the whole cartridge must be replaced.

My wife uses an Epson R500, one of those all-in-one machines. It too is a six ink printer that does a great job and has individual ink cartridges. OEM cartridges for it run $76 on-line but I found them at Sam's Club for $56.

For travel I have an Epson PictureMate, a toaster sized printer, for which you can buy a travel carrying case. I'll be traveling with it for the first time next month when we go on a 10 day cruise to Tahiti and follow it up with 8 days in Hawaii (12 dives scheduled). I'll be taking my laptop, which is loaded with Paint Shop Pro, but will probably have PSE on it before we leave. I selected the PictureMate over the HP printer because it uses six inks, rather than three. The ink cartridge comes complete with 100 glossy 4x6 sheets, which should last the life of the cartridge. The cartridge runs about $30 at full retail.

My sister cranks photos out on her Epson RX600. I use the ip4000 (Canon), it works great, and I hear the pixma (ip) 6000 from Canon is even better.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom