What printer do you use?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use the Epson R800. 8x10 is the largest it will print (and the largest I want / need to print). I am VERY happy with my prints. I have some that I printed hanging next to ones done professionally and they look every bit as good (IMHO).

HTH,
Dave

My wife got me an Epson Picturemate photo printer for Christmas. Unit cost was $200 with starter ink cartridge and paper. Refill kit is bulk packed with printer cartride and 100 4"x6" photo sheets for $39. Replace cartride when you replace with new pack of paper, cost per photo about $.39. This is a small unit about the size of a clock radio/cd player, very portable and excepts all types of media cards. This unit can be connected to a computer via cable or through a wireless connection. Pictures from my 5050 are stunning without any touch up direct from the media card which plugs into a slot in the front. Gives you the ability to take it with you to the dive site and print pics directley.

Mitten Diver

dbh:
I use the Epson R800. 8x10 is the largest it will print (and the largest I want / need to print). I am VERY happy with my prints. I have some that I printed hanging next to ones done professionally and they look every bit as good (IMHO).

HTH,
Dave

Most pros who print thier own images for sale use the Epsons.

I use Epsons ( I have 5 of em ) for my daily proofs as well as several of the high end Pigment based ones like the 2200 and 2000P for fine art printing!

The G series printers are VERY good! and at a good price. Never use anything but Epson Ink and high quality paper - PERIOD!!!

I've been using a Canon S9000 (A3+) for the past couple of years. It's been great and produces beautiful prints very quickly.

I've been looking the Epson Pro 4000 recently though, but I think i'll be sticking with the Canon for the time being as I'm still saving for the Camera.

I agree with Chris......the Epson paper (i use the semi-gloss) rocks!

i will third the epson papers for most things but i love the red river papers for some of my work.

One thing that has always made me wonder about them (and the maufactures is who makes there paper)that when im in there place in dallas to get my papers i have seen boxes(pallets) of paper that is markered to go to such companies as Canon, HP and Epson. just makes you wonder

tooth

Canon i9100. FANTASTIC 13 x 19 borderless prints. Ink never clogs. I've had mine almost two years with NO problems. For the best results - use Canon Photo Paper Pro Plus glossy. This is the fourth inkjet I've had and far and away the best. I've also got a Canon S800 and it's great too.

Mark

MJH....I'm looking into buying that printer....is it worth the $$$$? and how many ink cartridges does it take? and how does that work..that if you run out of black you don't have to replace them? any info would be great thanks.

I have the "Epson Stylus Photo R320", my wife loves it for scrap booking. I think we bought it at 'best buy' it was the top of the line they had around Thanksgiving.

Far_X:
Maybe not the place to post this but as I am not a member of any photography forums, I thought I would try y'all. What sort of photo printers do people have? I know that my sister has an Epson that has nine cartridges in it (can't remember the model - stylus photo r800, I think) but she lives in England so I can't take advantage of that. I was looking at buying one but also worried about the actual cost to print a photgraph and whether they are comparable to these online printers that you can easily find. What are the biggest print sizes that they can do also? I know that someone will ask what sort of price range, I have no clue about that but nothing that cost more than my digital rebel!! It would be too envious. :wink: Thanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom