What not to put in your save a dive kit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nitrodiverrr

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
In my dry box of tools and spare parts, I had a small (sample size) bottle of soft scrub. The scrub worked great for cleaning underwater slates between dives, after writing down photo exposure settings. The other day I replaced my regulators standard mouthpiece with a rite bite version that was in my save a dive kit. Guess what, The mouthpice tastes like soft scrub. Not a very tasty mouthpiece but a whole lot more comfortable. Maybe I can put the 1st stage in a plastic bag with an orange inside ?:eyebrow:

Put some armer hammer baking soda in with it for a day or two the bafing soda should help . Plastic and sylicone broducts are lik spunges will calect oders , stains , and fravors .

In my dry box of tools and spare parts, I had a small (sample size) bottle of soft scrub. The scrub worked great for cleaning underwater slates between dives, after writing down photo exposure settings. The other day I replaced my regulators standard mouthpiece with a rite bite version that was in my save a dive kit. Guess what, The mouthpice tastes like soft scrub. Not a very tasty mouthpiece but a whole lot more comfortable. Maybe I can put the 1st stage in a plastic bag with an orange inside ?:eyebrow:

I had originally used soft scrub, but switched to using toothpaste or Magic Eraser. I prefer both because they aren't chemical. Plus the toothpaste leaves my slate minty-fresh.

I had a similar thing happen with a leak in my defog (baby shampoo). A few soft items (band-aids, tape) in the SAD kit were a loss and clean-up was a pain. now I keep most items segregated in ziplock bags. Anything liquid or vulnerable to liquid are placed in separate bags. I might put my mouthpieces in bags.... I think they might taste like baby shampoo if I have to use them.

Back
Top Bottom