What memory card should I get?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Biggest, fastest with one or two backups. And a laptop with an external hard drive backup. Download your days worth of pics every night or sooner.

Valuable input vladimir!
Sometimes deleting a post is the best contribution you can make to a discussion. :D

I posted specific memory card recommendations before I realized I was in the "Canon Corner." As a Nikon guy, I didn't know if my recommendations worked with Canon and didn't have the time or inclination to check. I will (did) say that I prefer a few smaller cards to one large one. I use three Lexar 8 GB cards; that allows me to take one or two out of the rotation, it's enough memory to leave my laptop behind on a short trip, and I don't have all my eggs in one basket.

Biggest, fastest with one or two backups. And a laptop with an external hard drive backup. Download your days worth of pics every night or sooner.

I thought about bringing my laptop with me on trips, but I already carry so much stuff that it makes in impractical. It would insure that my photos were safe though.

I thought about bringing my laptop with me on trips, but I already carry so much stuff that it makes in impractical. It would insure that my photos were safe though.

The backpack I use (Mountainsmith Spectrum) is small but holds all kinds of stuff, including my laptop. I LOVE having it with me. I use a three outlet Belkin surge suppressor (with two USB charging slots) because I don't trust liveaboard or foreign electricity.

Back
Top Bottom