Thinking of buying a SeaLife Sport Diver Housing... what light should i get?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Itsabeachthing

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Just returned from a dive trip and many divers had the sealife sport diver housing for their iphones. i have an iphone 8plus and have been using a gopro5 black for years. Im not a super crazy video person, in fact just want to be able to enjoy video we take and buy something i can grow with in future. I mainly dive southern california and 1-2 warm water dive trips a year.

Knowing this I have 2 questions-

1. what light should i get to go with the sport diver housing?
considering : (not sure diference between the 2 except 100$)
$299.00
SeaLife Sea Dragon 2000F Underwater Photo-Video-Dive Light
OR
$399.00
SeaLife Sea Dragon 2500F COB LED Underwater Dive Light (2500L)
OR anyone have better ideas or selling something they liked but upgrading? I just need it before Aug. 10 in socal (dont really want to pay more than 400$ for the light part - again a beginner camera person and have been happy with a gopro5 no light for years... but i know i can get better video/pictures and ready for something new and EASY - nothing crazy technical)
also saw
SportDiver Pro 2500 Underwater Housing Set
$649.95 at dive right in scuba? looks like id save 50$ on the set... thoughts?

Best place/pricing to buy the sealife housing and light?
Divers direct online? or what other store that will deliver by aug 10?

Thank you for your responses - under the gun as I leave for Cat Ppalu Aug. 12 and would love to have a setup for this trip.

I went with the Sea life sport diver and the Sea Dragon 5000....downside is I will be using it on August 12th same as you and have no idea how well it will work

A friend picked up the housing too. Checking back to see how this panned out? Any new ideas?

Nice video. Are you switching between the 2.5 and 1.0 x lenses? I think there is a mild glare hot spot in the middle and a quarter way up from the bottom at the beginning.

Nice video. Are you switching between the 2.5 and 1.0 x lenses? I think there is a mild glare hot spot in the middle and a quarter way up from the bottom at the beginning.
I had the settings on Triple lens, which is new. .5 1.0 & 2.0 using the 3 lenses in the pro max. First dive with the new phone and housing so getting use to the different settings. I’m just happy I caught the video. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom