What makes Legend more expensive than Core? Which one to get?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For $100 I would say that the LX Supreme is worth the premium

I think so with going for Legends LX Supreme if it's just $100 different.

My friend found another deal for mk25evo+s600 for $859 with free regulator bag.
But for legends I got $796 only for reg set. If I purchased reg bag with it, would cost me $25 extra.
This will make them only $38 different between mk vs legend (I'll buy reg bag anyway).
I was told by everyone that mk set is the best one. But really have no idea what are differences between these 2 set apart from diaphragm & piston. You told me that I would better go for sealed 1st stage. So should I just go for legends ? or mk25 is better for me ?

There is no best.

Personal preference, both are exceptional breathers. Personally I'd pick the Legend of the two but then I'm a diaphragm fan. Sealed diaphragm regs require less fastidious post dive care.

There is no best.

Personal preference, both are exceptional breathers. Personally I'd pick the Legend of the two but then I'm a diaphragm fan. Sealed diaphragm regs require less fastidious post dive care.

Like now I stick to a sealed diaphragm.
But all instructure I know use mk25+s600... which made me back up my thought a bit , since the price is not much different, I wonder if it's really good or just a marketing. Like one of the discussion in this board, student tends to buy whatever their instructors use. And therefore, instructor can get it free or pretty cheap so that they use it instead of another in the same line.

the mk25/s600 is a damned good regulator. I wouldn't say it's "better" than the aqualung, just different.

What are long term servicing costs of each of them?
How diligent are you/can you be with rinsing? The MK25 really needs to be properly flushed before it dries to get any salt or debris out of there vs the Legend just needing a rinse whenever you get around to it.

If all of the instructors you're working with are diving the mk25/s600 then it may well be worth the investment to just "join the club", I wouldn't, but that isn't a factor for me. If it was, I wouldn't dive Poseidons

Like now I stick to a sealed diaphragm.
But all instructure I know use mk25+s600... which made me back up my thought a bit , since the price is not much different, I wonder if it's really good or just a marketing. Like one of the discussion in this board, student tends to buy whatever their instructors use. And therefore, instructor can get it free or pretty cheap so that they use it instead of another in the same line.

I have both an MK25 / S600 and an Aqualung Core. I prefer the Core to the MK25.

The MK25 1st stage "honks" when you breathe underwater. You don't realise it when you are diving, but when you watch your GoPro videos it sounds like Darth Vader is behind the camera
:mad:

The MK25 1st stage "honks" when you breathe underwater. You don't realise it when you are diving, but when you watch your GoPro videos it sounds like Darth Vader is behind the camera
I have no love for the mk25 (not that I have one, nor even dove one), but that's just cool AF -- now I want one (no not really -- ok maybe at a bargin)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom