What makes Legend more expensive than Core? Which one to get?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So if I get Core, I should get supreme one. But if I get legend, I can just buy the standard one since it's already sealed. And also better to have a user adjustable knob, right?
Does it mean, we can have it breaths at best for core but whatever we feel like (depend on how we tune) for legend ?

The purpose of the knob is to allow the de-tuning of the regulator at greater depth where it would be prone to free flow.

At the knobs' most aggressive setting Aqualung recommend that the Legend 2nd Stage regulator is tuned to the same cracking effort as the Core.

At recreational depths, the knob is just something for divers to fiddle with. Many divers don't use the Venturi switch properly, let alone knowing what to do with the knob.

Or if you like to tune your 2nd to slightly freeflow with the knob all the way out and then adjust in as needed.

If you are diving only to depths of 40 meters and never in cold water, there is NO reason to buy a legend.

Yes take the sealed version to make rinsing a safer procedure.

Legend is for deeper diver or people that want to show that they can afford something more luxurious.

I was thinking Core should be enough for me. But in Thailand, core get very bad price if I sell it second hand, legends can earn more compare to purchasing price. But I don't think I would sell it though unless I stop diving. But I just love diving so much til I don't think I would stop. Having a little child may be only a reason that can stop me diving, at least few years.

However, when I made decision, I found Core set at about $706 and LX Supreme at $796 (only LX supreme are in market with a good, can't find deal for LX ACD and normal legend). Which makes me think LX Supreme maybe a better deal I can get. :/ so hesitate.

I was thinking Core should be enough for me. But in Thailand, core get very bad price if I sell it second hand, legends can earn more compare to purchasing price. But I don't think I would sell it though unless I stop diving. But I just love diving so much til I don't think I would stop. Having a little child may be only a reason that can stop me diving, at least few years.

However, when I made decision, I found Core set at about $706 and LX Supreme at $796 (only LX supreme are in market with a good, can't find deal for LX ACD and normal legend). Which makes me think LX Supreme maybe a better deal I can get. :/ so hesitate.

For $100 I would say that the LX Supreme is worth the premium

Have you tried Aquamaster in Phuket ?

www.aquamaster.net

If you call them ask for "D-Mo"

I don't know about luxurious, but I love my Legend LX Supreme. Breaths nice and easy. I've only had it as deep as 85ft at this point, but I just "opened" the reg up a bit more with the adjustment knob. I am also diving colder water, which doesn't apply to the OP.

This reveals a misunderstanding of the way the adjustment knob is supposed to be used. At it's fully open position it should have a cracking effort that's the same as a non-adjustable reg.

The reg's knob should be fully open at the surface (unless it's been tuned to hiss/freeflow ?) at the beginning of the dive and only dialled in if it begins to freeflow at depth.

This reveals a misunderstanding of the way the adjustment knob is supposed to be used. At it's fully open position it should have a cracking effort that's the same as a non-adjustable reg.

The reg's knob should be fully open at the surface (unless it's been tuned to hiss/freeflow ?) at the beginning of the dive and only dialled in if it begins to freeflow at depth.

we teach fully open during storage to minimize seat pressure, close it fully pre-dive, then open it fully on the primary once underwater. Aux regs should stay fully closed during the dive. If the reg starts freeflowing, back the knob off until it stops, but you should keep it as far open as possible

we teach fully open during storage to minimize seat pressure, close it fully pre-dive, then open it fully on the primary once underwater. Aux regs should stay fully closed during the dive. If the reg starts freeflowing, back the knob off until it stops, but you should keep it as far open as possible

I agree with that approach.

The Venturi switch in pre-dive mode will generally prevent free flow.

It's the Venturi which has the biggest effect on inhale WOB. As a result of the Venturi effect, the inhale WOB is negligible after cracking effort. Most WOB is attributable to the exhale effort.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom