What magazines do you read / recommend?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diver's Ocean Planet is out of business.

Wreck Diving is awesome- 2 outstanding issues with wrecks ranging from recreational, to undiveable (without a submersible). Articles cover wrecks worldwide- and focus ont hose diveable by many- not just the great photo op wrecks.

I'll have to check out several of the dive magazines that people here mentioned, because I haven't been "impressed" with the regular news stand magazines
out there such as Rodales "Scuba Diving"

Just wanted to add my 2 cents worth here....

Don't know if anyone mentioned this... But check out "Dive Training" magazine. It's intended for new students but has alot to offer to all.

I've been a long time subscriber to Rodales Scuba Diving mag, but only because it's really cheap. Like $10/year. The quality of their magazine you can tell is driven by key certain things. This is evident in the fact that they write the same stories about the same places every year and test the same gear during their "gear tests". They also only seem to test gear from manufactureres that are advertisers in their magazines. This seemes biased to me as they aren't doing fair comparisons.

As a note "Scuba Diving" mag has been sold by Rodales to some new publisher. It might improve some, but I don't know.

immersed mag took my money. sent me one copy last fall
now i hear there going though some kind of business spit-up any feed back would help thank you

SPEARING magazine covers Flroida spearfishing, but also has recipes, a spot of the month, safety articles, and equipment tests/reviews. Check it out, its only $24/year for 6 issues.:D

I have to put in my vote for Advanced Diver as well. I read several copies while adding a section on local British Columbia dive magazines to my site and was really impressed with their writing, pictures and format. My first issue under my new subscription should be in the mail soon!

It helps that they love diving in British Columbia too!

Back
Top Bottom