What kind of Moray is this?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice one Leesa...:D

Great feedback, thanks everyone!
I am still not decided yet. I have studied the video VERY close and I am just not convinced yet.....unless I see a picture of a juvi. The problem is I have seen plenty of little yellowheads with all the adult characteristics (sharks cove @night). I am going to go back and look at some footage of smaller ones and see.
I guess I am kind of lucky that I can go back and see the little guy swimming whenever I want.
Video is NICE!!!!
Drew

Thats what I was thinking to leesa, same markings, yellowhead, same eyes colors, same dorsal markings, atleast it looks very much like the Hoover desript and shots.

LOL Not in mine either....mauhahah :)

These eels are quite common in very shallow water - you'll see them often if you go night snorkeling. I've usually seen them in 4' or less.

We have a lot of eel species that aren't listed in either of the popular fish reference books.

Back
Top Bottom