What kind of fins?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sneakysnook

Reaction score
Are split fins good for frog kicking or should I look for some other tip of fin. Also what would you recommend for frog kicking.

sneakysnook:
Are split fins good for frog kicking or should I look for some other tip of fin. Also what would you recommend for frog kicking.

Split Fins are horrible for frog kicking. Better get some Mares Avanti Quattro fins, MUCH better and will last you a life time.:D

I can sort of frog kick in my splits but paddle fins are MUCH better.

I use a set of Scubapro TwinJets. I can 'frog kick' or 'caribbean kick' fine with them. I do this frequently with swim throughs and in tight places like wrecks and caverns.

I switched from regular U.S. Diver's fins to the Twin Jets about a year and a half ago. The improvement in regular-kicking forward propulsion using the Twin Jets was dramatic. They really move you with the same effort!!

I personally didn't notice any difference (better or worse) when frog kicking.

My TwinJets are black and therefore the stiffest model so maybe that has some impact...

Scubapro jet fin for frog kicking is super...

crackedconch, are you referring to the US Diver's Rocket fin?
:D

Splits don't work well with frog kicks. You basically lose your thrust. Scubapro Jet fins are the best fins for frog kicks.

ah, ok.
'coz i use the US Diver's Rocket fins and they work great with frog kicks.
its a litter stiffer and less supple than the jetfins though.

:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom