• Strictly instructing

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Professional diver

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Other

Votes: 7 13.5%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sightseer and lover of being neutral for me.

So far no camera and I don't see myself going there, I think. :)

Alright... So, before coming to MA, I was a simple sight seers... and also some kind of photographer with my old, very old, 3mp camera in Ikelite housing...
I did wish at one point to be able to afford a nice housing for my digital slr, but will be honest, this might ust be too much trouble for me...
So discovering MA with great SB diver, I became a flounder and lobster hunter... quite a change for me, but I have to say, very tasty when it's on the plate once back home ! And the kids asking for more flounders is probably the best reward you can get ! Good for us, they do not (yet) like lobsters, but they love scallops... :D

In summary, I'm now a sight seers, hunter and archaic photographer :D

1. Instructing 2. Sightseeing 3. Photography 4. Thrillseeker/Adventurer (in a stop, think, breathe, act kind of way :D)

I almost always carry the camera with me, unless it might interfere with an energetic hunt, such as for scallops.

Since my camera rig doesn't have external strobes, it's pretty unobtrusive for my usual flounder hunts. If necessary, I can always hang it from my flag line handle to free myself up.

When there's an unusual sighting, having a pic to share or look back on with a buddy is a real pleasure!

Memories are great, but they seem to fade more easily for me lately..... :shakehead: Pics bring this wonderful experience back to mind beautifully! :)

Dave C

:babycrawl::goingdown:I am a relative beginner - still in diapers in this sport[?] - with less than 100 good dives but going for my AOW next month. For now I am mostly an underwater tourist. Most of what I see and do is foreign to me and new, so I feel like a tourist. And being new and curious and a little inventive I am constantly trying out new gear configurations, swimming techniques underwater, etc. so I spend a lot of time resolving problems and multi-tasking, thus I'm sort of a mechanic. I find every dive to be an adventure so I quess I am an adventurer. Being new I don't quite yet fully trust my life-support equipment so I guess I am a bit of a gambler. [Redundancy [sp?] rules for me, even with a buddy.] When I grow up and become a real diver I want to do fish counts and underwater mapping of my favorite sites so there could be a scientific/engineering side of me there. And of course when I get really good and have tons of money I want to buy some nice photo equipment and be a photog/videographer. But for now I am happy trying to be an unobtrusive observer of the critters and the terrain - a sight-see-er.

A leave me alone diver.

I'm a #2 warm water wuss.

Back
Top Bottom