What is your Scuba-Mobile?

What vehicle do you drive to your Scuba Activities?

• Pickup Truck (both full size and small)

Votes: 92 27.2%
  • SUV (Explorer, Suburban, Tahoe, etc)

Votes: 90 26.6%
  • Car (2 or 4 door)

Votes: 107 31.7%
  • Motorcycle

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • I just stand by the road in my Wetsuit and hitchike

Votes: 9 2.7%
  • Mini-Van

Votes: 21 6.2%
  • Full Size Van

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • Wagon

Votes: 11 3.3%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

'98 Pathfinder. Murky Lake Green. Best off-the-lot sound system I've ever heard. Also serves as wetsuit drying rack on Mondays in the parking lot at my office.

I bought an old Cherokee as a present for my Talon--didn't like loading her down and salting her up with all that wet gear. :droplet:

I have a 2001 Dodge Durango which holds 4 people and all their gear really comfortably. Also with the leather, you can sit on it wet and not hurt anything. Now if it only get better gas mileage...

~Adam

My ancient, plain vanilla volvo has done fine, but I think I'm about ready for a truck. Or something in a convertable. Or both.

Mmmm need SUV. Car for now, but I know I'm gonna need all the extra room of an SUV real soon for all my scuba gear.

Currently in the market for a pickup truck.

I own a VW Cabrio ~ fun car (when the sun's out!) but it is so small. I just bought a nifty new bag for all my scuba gear and it doesn't fit in the trunk! :shaking:

I just sold my Audi TT last week and bought a subaru impreza wrx just so I could carry my dive gear.

The audi could just barely hold 1 tank and gear in the trunk. Add a second tank and the gear had to go in the drivers seat. This left no room for a cooler (or a second set of gear for a buddy!)

The convertible was nice, but diving is much more important. :)

As long as we're talkin' cars, has anyone come up with a way to prevent the salt water from rusting their scuba-mobiles?;-0

Originally posted by art.chick
As long as we're talkin' cars, has anyone come up with a way to prevent the salt water from rusting their scuba-mobiles?;-0

I use my 83 chevy caprice as a 'catch-all'... as I take off the gear I throw it on top of the car to keep dirt/sand/grit off... then just rinse when I get home.

Of course I wouldn't do this with our 2001 intrique.

I guess my point is: Beater cars rule for scuba diving!

Back
Top Bottom