• My own Octo Regulator - I trust that my tank has gas and my 1st stage works

Votes: 17 10.8%
  • I rely on my buddy - It's what he/she's there for

Votes: 82 52.2%
  • CESA - Swim for the surface baby

Votes: 11 7.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScottB

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Just out of curiosity, what is YOUR Out Of Air escape plan? =)

Do you have a Pony bottle for yourself?
Your own octo incase your normal secondary regulator fails?
Do you rely on your buddy's Octo or Buddy Breathing?
Do you stay within the No Decompression Limits and shallow enough that you can do a Controlled Emergency Swimming Ascent?

backup reg for myself and/or buddy (though if buddy needs gas, he'll take my primary)

isolator manifold to be able to contain gas loss

gas planning with ample gas reserves to get me and buddy to the surface in case either one of us has a total gas failure

If I can't use my buddy or for some bizarre reason didn't follow my gas plan or just got god-smacked somehow then on to my pony and ride slowly to the surface.

Sea ya!

It all depends on the dive I'm doing.

Solo--cesa
Extreme low viz with a buddy---cesa
Routine low viz with buddy--some form of airshare either primary donated or secondary donated or buddy breathing, makes no difference to me.

I dive with plenty of other people, but my buddy is a 40cf sling bottle.

All of the above. 2 followed by 1 then 3 and finaly 4 if the first three fail. The dive of course is aborted and a controlled ascent is made.

jbd:
It all depends on the dive I'm doing.

Solo--cesa
Extreme low viz with a buddy---cesa
Routine low viz with buddy--some form of airshare either primary donated or secondary donated or buddy breathing, makes no difference to me.

You'd really do a CESA? How deep do you dive or am I missing subtle humor here? (Wouldn't be the first time!:D )

Dave

OK, my last post was idiocy. Of course you're going to CESA. What else, hail a cab?

Sorry!

My spare gas is on my buddy's back. It is up to us to make sure we're in a position to make that work.

Back
Top Bottom