What is your highest certification?

Your highest certification

• OW

Votes: 8 2.8%
  • AOW

Votes: 60 21.4%
  • Rescue

Votes: 67 23.8%
  • MSD (have card, not only meeting requirements)

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • DM

Votes: 30 10.7%
  • DM, MSD obtained after

Votes: 7 2.5%
  • DM, MSD obtained before

Votes: 17 6.0%
  • Instructor

Votes: 27 9.6%
  • Instructor, MSD obtained after

Votes: 8 2.8%
  • Instructor, MSD obtained before

Votes: 21 7.5%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For me certification level is secondary to experience some use the cert to pound on their chest.

I completely agree with your post but at the same time, the RIGHT experience matters only after you’ve got the RIGHT training.

I’ve seen divers with over 2,000 dives, yes you read this correctly, 2k dives..... who are horrible divers...... it scares me.... what we’re they like at the beginning?.....

I completely agree with your post but at the same time, the RIGHT experience matters only after you’ve got the RIGHT training.

I’ve seen divers with over 2,000 dives, yes you read this correctly, 2k dives..... who are horrible divers...... it scares me.... what we’re they like at the beginning?.....
I think it’s very subjective: maybe they are just happy doing what they are doing and they do not feel like they need to do more for their enjoyment ?

I think it’s very subjective: maybe they are just happy doing what they are doing and they do not feel like they need to do more for their enjoyment ?
Well maybe they don’t need to do more for their own enjoyment, but maybe they should for those who have to dive with them (in a club) not the most pleasant to dive with.....

I used to genuinely think that having lots of experience automatically made you a good diver, boy was I wrong...

No Solo cert listed?

I was interested in information about MSD which prompted the thread. Since I was solo diving before I was OW certified, the solo specialty cert holds little interest for me anyway.

Bob

A whole 2000 dives? Lol

I don't consider anything in that column past AOW as any sign of the advancement of skill.Some of the worst divers I've had the displeasure of diving with were DM or INST and I consider MSD a joke.
Your opinion is noted. I'll add that some of the worst I've dived with were spear fishermen and lobster hunters. Both of our opinions are of no value to the thread.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom