What is your favorite Video editing Software?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just got the Pinnacle Studio 9 software, myself. It was recommended on another thread and it came with the firewire card and cable I needed. So far, it's been really user friendly (I'm new at this...) and has alot of neat features like scene transitions, background music, titles, etc. I'm sure most other programs have these features also. The capture from my MiniDV camera takes a while but is pretty easy. Pinnacle recognizes the individual "scenes" on the tape and displays them in an easy format in the editing phase of the program. I'm new at all of this but Pinnacle V.9 is pretty neat so far.

WD

Update: Ulead Movie Studio 5.0, ie a couple of years out of date (it's up to 9.0 now, isn't it?). I tried creating a sample short video using the clips that came with it. Um...I dunno. Looks pretty limited. I don't particularly care for the user interface--too many unlabeled buttons--and the transitions look tre cheez. Plus: I can't figure how to fade in or out. But the little video I stuck together looks hilarious. Gonna keep looking.

cheers

Billy S.

Moogyboy:
Update: Ulead Movie Studio 5.0, ie a couple of years out of date (it's up to 9.0 now, isn't it?).
Yep. They just released Ver 9. I use 8 and the differences between 8 and 9 were not enough to make me upgrade.

Bought last week second hand Vaio with Liquid 5.5. I was reasoning to buy this becouse:
A) It was ready configured system by the whole saler used for customer presentations so SHOULD be working without problems
B) Being my first editing system, I didn't know a **** about them, and got with a fraction of the price of new one
C) Staff at Sony Finland helped me with the basic skills with the program. After couple hours experimental use I like it but know having A LOT to learn

I use Pinnacle Studio 9.

I have also tried Magix and a few other simple video editing programs, all of which were too simple. Also use Windows Movie Maker for simple stuff.

I used Pinnacle Studio 8 - had LOTS of problems with crashing and burping programs and hardware incompatibility. I assume it was my PC that couldn't handle Studio 8.

I upgraded to Studio 9 and to a 2 GHz machine with 120+ GB of hard drive. All problems have vanished.

For my daily video needs i use Pinnacle Studio 9 Plus, i do video editing pretty much everyday. I need to get them done in about 2-3 hours and i find this product quick and easy to use.
However, getting the new Sony HD so will have to go with either Liquid or Premiere, and an HD upgrade....ahhh more money to spend, ouch!
I have a feeling these products will not be as quick and easy as Studio...

Anyone every use Vegas? I needed somethnig to cut DVD's with so I just bought the full Sony Vegas with DVD software. It hasn't arrived. I've been using Premiere and Canopus. Both have some nice features. I'm interested in how this vegas will work.

I also got a new video machine... dual intel 3GHz, 4GB ram, about 450GB of HD, Dual Layer DVD write all formats and a second DVD recorder to make copies. Gonna get a card so I can go dual headed and trying to pilfer 2 20" monitors.

Hopefully, it'll be fast and fun to use.

PerroneFord:
Anyone every use Vegas? I needed somethnig to cut DVD's with so I just bought the full Sony Vegas with DVD software. It hasn't arrived. I've been using Premiere and Canopus. Both have some nice features. I'm interested in how this vegas will work.

I also got a new video machine... dual intel 3GHz, 4GB ram, about 450GB of HD, Dual Layer DVD write all formats and a second DVD recorder to make copies. Gonna get a card so I can go dual headed and trying to pilfer 2 20" monitors.

Hopefully, it'll be fast and fun to use.

I also used Premiere and a Canopus system. I am far happier with Vegas. The interface is different but I found it relatively quick to learn. It is full featured and robust. (The old Premiere crashs are a distant memory.) The Sony DVD Architect is good software which gives me the features I need.

Sometime ago I tried to edit a short clip on my old Canopus/Premier system. When I was about three quarters through I switched back to Vegas.

Back
Top Bottom