What is your favorite tank for singles??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

But in New England I use the LP 120.. I've not seen the HP 130's yet, but I hear they hold a TON of air

...only 10cf more than your LP120, at the rated pressure of both (2640psi for your LP120, 3442psi for a 130). Note that if each cylinder were filled to the same pressure, your LP120 would hold more.

Like most others here, I prefer the Worthington X7-100's, a great alternative to an AL80, more gas and less weight on the belt when diving.

If I was gearing up for cave/tech diving, I'd invest in Worthington HP119's or HP130's depending on which diamater/length I wanted.

I have a LP 121 and a HP 120...both great tanks. The HP is nicer when I can get a decent fill.

3. the heavier LP 95's when in North Florida where I can get a 3600 psi fill (258 cu ft).

QUOTE]

I agree with this. I love the LP95's when I can get a good fill (3400-3500). But that's getting harder to find outside of north Florida or the shop where I work.

I may end up being forced to go with a HP119 eventually just so I can get the volume of air. With a good fill on the 95 I can do 2-3 OW cert dives without having to refill my tank. Very nice.

ON EDIT: Damn, I just noticed how old this thread is. I feel like a dumbass now...HAHA

I have both HP100's and LP98's.
I like the way the hp100's trim out a little better than the 98's did.
Jim B

Ditto and what Ronbeaux said.

A short (3000psi) fill with an HP steel, still gives more tha 10% of what an AL 80 gives.

The HP100 has the best buoyancy charactersitics around.

I like steel 72s. Only 26 lbs, and neutral empty. If you can get them slightly overfilled to 2700 PSI they hold as much as an AL80 on a typical fill.

What about hp steel 120's for both single and double

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom