What is your favorite DUI drysuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BORG

Contributor
Reaction score
Tucker, Georgia, just northeast of Atlanta
# of dives
100 - 199
I tried on a DUI 450 at my LDS over the weekend and I'll be getting my DS C-card after the holidays. Since this was my first time with a DS on and I didn't dive the suit, I was wanting the opinions of DUI owners that own a 450 or 350 or other models. I'm looking for candid likes and dislikes of how each model that you may dive and how it is in the area of comfort, mobility and overall satisfaction.

THANKS!

I bought a TLS 350 as a second suit to my Whites Polarflex. The 350 is a great suit. My buddy has a CLX 450 and enjoys it also. If I had to get one it would be the CLX 450

I went with the TLS-350 myself. A bit lighter weight and more comfortable than the CLX-450.

Mine has been on more than 100 wreck dives with no problems.

I have owned a TLS for 8 years,and am not a big fan. I would recommend doing your homework and do some comparison shopping.

I've had 2 dry suits so far. My first was a White's Catalyst. Unfortunately it didn't fit real well (stock size suit) & I couldn't get very thick undergarment under it, so was never very warm in 42 degree water. I then upgraded to a Signature series DUI TLS350 (custom cut to me) & have a 650gm Pinnacle undergarment & am now snug as a bug in a rug. While the Whites was very rugged & well built, the DUI is not quite as thick & a bit easier to move in. Plus I got my choice of colors (& I'm rather creative)

i've only ever used the TLS 350, but i love it

only thing is, being a 1990 suit, it leaks a lot ...

I have the Flex50-50. It is compressed neoprene on the bottom where you need the best durability and trilam on the top where you need the best flexibility. This is a great compromise. I also have the zip-seals so when I go traveling, I can bring extra seals and never miss a dive.

I have owned a TLS for 8 years,and am not a big fan. I would recommend doing your homework and do some comparison shopping.

Very understated and polite; I agree completely.

All the best, James

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom