What is your favorite DUI drysuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have only dived TLS and CLX, so can’t compare others. I preferred the TLS in the test runs, so I got that. The main difference was in flexibility and lightness of the material, you barely feel that the suit is on whereas with the CLX the material was stiffer, so I went for the comfort factor vs added durability. I don’t do ‘hardcore’ diving but even with some hardcore shore exposure in a year with 100 dives my TLS looks brand new. I like how it travels (packs easy and dries very fast).

I did get signature series suit CLX’ed a bit by adding dough duck in the CLX-pattern on top and getting butt reinforcement (not pad) which choices I have been happy with. Only leak this far was around dump valve malfunction that I mistook for a leak. I think if I had a second suit I would not need more durability in trilam but it would be for a different purpose and need to be a neo-suit.

Howdy

TLS350...good fit and I didn't need a CF200 since I don't do penetration diving. Lightweight and dries very fast.

But...limited experience on my part. Lot of folks are very satisfied with their Bare XCD2 suits. I considered it very carfeully but only got to "test dive" the DUI.

Dane

If you've got some time before you buy, I would try to get to one of DUI's DOG Rallies in the spring. There's one coming up near Birmingham, AL at the beginning of April. There, you can try on and dive with all of their suits and decide what you like. That's what I did.

Curious as to why you've settled on DUI? There are other outstanding suits out there, for alot less money that are IMO just as good (or better :D). But if you have your heart set on a DUI and you have the bucks, then certainly buy one. Good luck.

I have the CLx 50-50 and really like it. I have had it for about 3 months now with about 25 dives on it. I contemplated the CF200 but decided I liked the CLx50-50 more after talking with the southern california sales rep. He has multiple suits and based on my diving style, the CLx50-50 was a slam dunk. I like the durability of the bottom crushed neoprene, but the flexibility of the trilam top. And the suit dries MUCH faster than the CF200 would. I know several CF200 owners and I still like my option the most. I did the sig series as well and got the custom fit, pockets, zip seals.

I would definitely go to either a trade show or a DOG rally (DUI Owners Group). You can then try one on, move around a bit, ask questions, etc

I like the option of the zip seals with the DUI where you can change the wrist seals or use dry gloves. Plus my LDS is willing to give a 20% discount on all DUI suits and DUI is offering financing on there suits starting in Jan.

I like the option of the zip seals with the DUI where you can change the wrist seals or use dry gloves. Plus my LDS is willing to give a 20% discount on all DUI suits and DUI is offering financing on there suits starting in Jan.

Good luck with selecting the right suit. They're nice suits. Of the folks I dive with up here in the Midwest and on the Great Lakes, the numbers are split pretty evently between DUI and Bare with a few White's and other brands thrown in. The divers I know who own DUI are happy with them and will probably always be DUI customers.

I started off diving in a Viking dry suit then one day was introduced to the DUI TLS 350 and have never looked back. Very comfortable suit.

That' what(the 350) I'll probably go with. I tried on the 450, but it is more costly than the 350 and I would like to save a few bucks and be more comfortable as well.

I have the TLS350 and about 200 dives on it. I did put knee pads on it as I am a budding photographer. I did have a problem with the exhaust valve and a split in the suit side of the zip seals. DUI fixed both of them under warranty. However I did learn I need to wax the zipper more. They did charge me to replace that. Now I'm DRY again :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom