What is your all time favorite dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

1) My Wedding
2) The day I found my gold piece...

Check my website www.cbscubaodyssey.com

Go to the left side and scroll down to "Photo" then scroll to wedding
Go to the left side and scroll down to "My Gold Piece"

I Dove Coopers Green near Sechelt BC. My First night dive. It blew me away, so calm. I saw my first octopus there. I was in awe the whole dive....

Jimi

What's the story on the gold piece?

Great stories everyone! l love those days!!!! Anyone ever done Maracaibo (think that's how you spell it) in Coz?

Jason

It was around 15 years ago...My wife and kids were in Alabama for a family reunion...I stayed home since diving conditions were perfect & family reunions are not my thing.

Couldn't find anyone to dive with so I soloed on a beach just south of here. Had a great dive ... so quiet and serene. I was getting low on air so I made it back to the edge of the reef and started headed to the exit spot...thought I saw a post earring in the sand....Grabbed it and wow!!!

The beach area I found it was the site of the 1715 Spanish Galleon fleet that wrecked in a hurricane (largest marine disaster in history)

The greatest place I have been yet. This friend of mine from Brazil took me there to visit while I was there and let me tell you, forget bahamas, cayman, this is the way to go...
we were like so relaxed, no development is allowed at that place and only a few people are allowed on the island at a time.
you need to check it out. there's a good review of the place at
www.nosboost.com under the travel section.
i emailed the author and he told me a few other places i should stay in brazil. defintely trying to save enough $$$ for a trip down there again.
:D

17Feb 02. 7AM. Awesome visibility --- saw the 350' bottom as soon as we got in the water.

A dozen whitetips hunting above us, 10' manta ray hovering below us feeding, big jacks cruising the reef, black coral bush with longnose hawkfish; ghost shrimp, pipefish, and lobsters in the crevices. The water was so clear that it felt like we were flying in air as we drifted along the wall.

Good boat. Good crew. Good buddies. Flat seas and nice weather. Can't ask for more.

1. Diamond Rock, Saba (Pinnacle 1)
2. Man O'War, Saba (Pinnacle 2)
3. Mixing Bowl, Little Cayman
4. The Galapagos
5. Speyside, Tobago
6. Marilyn's Cut, Little Cayman
7. The C-53, Cozumel
8. Dos Ojos Caves, Playa del Carmen, Mexico
9. Bus Stop, Little Cayman
10. Dominica-Bequia-Ile des Santes (tie)

Dive 13 @galapagos / wolf island / dec2003

Water temperature: 25°C
Bottom time: 48 minutes Max. depth 85 ft.
Drift dive. Viz. 40 - 60 ft.
For me this was the very best dive of the trip. Current was strong, a little bit stronger than the previous dive, we went to the same location, looking for more galapagos sharks encounters, and the show started with an eagle ray's parade, for about 4 minutes, the 3 eagle rays swam very slow, in front of us, and pretty close, we could almost be able to count their dots, after this, some 10 -12 galapagos sharks were coming one by one, and then, a really large school of hammerheads (70 - 80) stayed above us, suspended in the current, for near 15 minutes, every one of that minute is clearly stored in my mind as the best dive ever. we were grabed to the rocks and after the sharks leave, we separated ourselves from the bottom and started going to the blue.... the sensation was amazing, i mean, the current took us very fast as if we were flying above the rocks, and we encounter face to face with turtles, galapagos sharks, stingrays, barracudas, was like crossing a highway and almost be knocked down by the sharks, only in 4th dimension if this is possible..... my computer started crying asking me to stay for some more time there... so i had to do a short deco-stop at 20 ft, was not very easy because of sea conditions, but the smile of that 48 minutes is still in my face.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom