What is This??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

this one would not take the update....
1676738934557.jpeg

It's original.
Maybe that model hasn't been sold in the US, I don't have the US 2000 Catalog.
In Europe it was sold as G250 Pro, so it's the predecessor of the G250 HP.
The PDF is from the German SP Catalog 2000

I just had a chance to download the .pdf and this is exactly the regulator in question. I now assume the metal air barrel in also original; different than the “classic” 250HP’s.

The picture I just posted (post #11) is an early US version of the 250HP and has the metal air barrel...

The real question is what the adjuster is configured as....

I'd like to see it...

From my experience, and validated during the @rsingler workshop, the "c-clip" of the "newer" models, which is needed to secure the assembly does not work for the style that needs the larger clip shown here...

View attachment 770316
Curious as to what you have experienced...
It’s not the retainer that is the issue, the the absence of the tab on the barrel
37633860-2155-4718-8BE9-069204D11AC9.jpeg

spacer
BCF82B22-515E-4739-95AA-3389F9D39CD9.jpeg

5ED7BB44-AE2D-4D2B-8332-FF6F693CC912.jpeg

G500 is like your HP, I’m pretty sure you could put a later S600 barrel,plastic or metal in that one and use the newer knob kit.

When I took a quick glance at the thumbnail photos, I thought, obviously, a G250HP. Interesting how Scubapro has had different products in various regions/countries. I'm not sure I've seen that purge button on anything but a HP. Also, see SCUBAPRO G250 vs G250HP pics

I bought a couple of G250HPs along with MK25s and Air 2s in 2002. All still in service but the Air 2s retired a few years back. Mine is on my pony, my son's is still his primary regulator, below.

1676742090253.png
:)

I am uncertain exactly what I have, here. This outwardly looks like a Scubapro G250HP. The adjustment knob is the same, it is lighter than a G250 and the “internals” look like a 250HP, but it has a metal air barrel (is that normal?) and the “pebbled” cover indicates it is a G250; although it has the seat saver functionality.

Thoughts from the experts?

Thanks!!
It's original.
Maybe that model hasn't been sold in the US, I don't have the US 2000 Catalog.
In Europe it was sold as G250 Pro, so it's the predecessor of the G250 HP.
The PDF is from the German SP Catalog 2000

Thank you all of the excellent information. I have now had a chance to weigh the presumptive G250 Pro (6.5 oz), a “typical” G250 (7.9 oz) and an original G250v (8.5 oz). All were weighed without mouthpieces. Keep in mind my G250 Pro does have a metal air barrel. I did not have a G250 Graphite handy to compare. I realize that “out-of-water” weight is not dispositive of how a 2nd stage “feels” in the water.

Best

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom