What is the oddest thing you've found on the bottom of the ocean?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Working on a boat at Australias Great Barrier Reef, my favourite site was 'The Fish Bowl' I would take the guests past the clam gardens, show them where the anemones were, swin into the fish bowl and point out the larger pelagics, and the resident reef shark. Somewhere I would try to find a sea cucumber to carry, and I would end the dive on the far side of a cabbage coral by placing the sea cucumber in an TOILET! I would let them know that we were at the 'complaints department.' If anyone had any issues they wished to bring up, they could write them down and file them down there where they would be dealt with accordingly.
Other than that, I have found a bright pink towel zipping past on a drift dive. Sea grass and kelp were beginning to develop this towel an afro. I collected it and still take it with me on dive trips. It's a good towel!

waterbearer:
A concrete block w/rope....
Yeah, I find these all the time. Try following the rope, there's usually a boat on the other end. I have so many boats now. You want a boat...?

Firediver32:
On another dive, a fire extingusiher? in case the reef erupts in flames.....

For the fire coral?? :D

Dang... somone else stole my original thought. Well guess it was not that original after all :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom