What is the MSRP for the follwing Items

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rnfoxwell

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I am new to diving and I am trying to buy the right equipment the first time and I want to pay a fair and reasonable price. The prices at the LDS looks a little high.

I am considering buying the Aqua Lung LX ACD with the Aqua Lung Legend Octo or the
Apecks XTX 50 with an Apex XTX 40 Octo. In both situations I plan on using the Suunto Cobra Computer.

I am looking to do some advance diving and everntualy go into Tech Diving, how will this equipment do?

From what I can see there is a look of controversy over the LX vs the XTX 50. I live in Maryland and will do some diving locally in MD, VA and PA. I will also do some diving in SC, NC and Fla. I am planning a trip to China and Tiawan in 2009 and a trip to Greece in 2011. I am looking for a regulator that can work in various enviroments. My understanding is that in the MD, VA and PA the quarries and lakes are arounf 50 degrees in the summer once you drop down to 25'.

If any of the more experience divers have a suggestion, I would like to hear them.

Thanks!

Thanks, but I checked their Web Sites and they don't seem to carry Aqua Lung or Apecks Regualtors.

rnfoxwell:
I am new to diving and I am trying to buy the right equipment the first time and I want to pay a fair and reasonable price. The prices at the LDS looks a little high.

I am considering buying the Aqua Lung LX ACD with the Aqua Lung Legend Octo or the
Apecks XTX 50 with an Apex XTX 40 Octo. In both situations I plan on using the Suunto Cobra Computer.

I am looking to do some advance diving and everntualy go into Tech Diving, how will this equipment do?

From what I can see there is a look of controversy over the LX vs the XTX 50. I live in Maryland and will do some diving locally in MD, VA and PA. I will also do some diving in SC, NC and Fla. I am planning a trip to China and Tiawan in 2009 and a trip to Greece in 2011. I am looking for a regulator that can work in various enviroments. My understanding is that in the MD, VA and PA the quarries and lakes are arounf 50 degrees in the summer once you drop down to 25'.

If any of the more experience divers have a suggestion, I would like to hear them.

Thanks!

I may be wrong but I think Aqualung is one of those manufacturers that prohibit Internet sales of any kind.

The regs will do you just fine. Skip the Cobra, it is one of the most conservative computers out there. There are better options. IMHO Dive Rite would be a better option on the computer.

TwoBit

Back
Top Bottom