What is the most efficient way to Log and Track your dives?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use wetnotes and Subsurface on my Mac with a Veo 2.0.

The wetnotes I write down anything that I'll forget about the dive (site name, boat, in/out pressures, critters/wrecks, gas costs, etc) and once my computer is downloaded I put that info in.

I like it, price is right, and does some nice basic calcs for you about your dive(s)

**The only issue I have is if I don't download the computer the same 'day' as the dives (I think its a 24hr period after). The Veo 'loses' information on the sync (anything from profiles to whole dives). Very annoying when you get a little lazy, or forget the cable on a trip. (It happens with any program during download, seems to be less often with subsurface).

BRad

I'm sticking with regular old paper log using pages my Dive Con Instructor made up himself; 4 dives per page (2 front, 2 back) means it takes up a lot less space than the stock pages that came with the logbook. I've got a dive computer but haven't bothered playing around with trying to download any info or using an electronic log because I like taking the time after a dive to record all the particulars of the dive while they're still fresh in my mind, including stuff that the computer doesn't record like vis and my dive buddy's name. That said, I do have scans of my cert cards saved to an encrypted folder on a flash drive in case I ever lose one of the cards.

The most efficient way to log and track your dives is to memorize them. That is right. Show me any other method than beats memorization - not moving at all, eyes closed, all one needs is to breath. Total efficiency by using almost no energy. The only possible even more efficient way is to have someone else log and track your dives. With someone else taking care of your logs, you can be even in a coma, or frankly, even dead, taking no energy what so ever.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom