What is the funniest or craziest thing you witness underwater?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

spacemanspiff1974:
The overweight german divers wearing 5 mil wetsuits during a dive in Cozumel in late June was pretty funny. Nobody gets that cold.

Only 5 mil?

I was on a boat in Cozumel in late June when something came across the radio in Spanish that put the DM and skipper into hysterics. We asked what it was about, and it seems two people were diving in dry suits.

I went to an underwater wedding a couple weeks ago at Christ of the Deep in the Keys...

that count as crazy underwater witness?

boulderjohn:
Only 5 mil?

I was on a boat in Cozumel in late June when something came across the radio in Spanish that put the DM and skipper into hysterics. We asked what it was about, and it seems two people were diving in dry suits.

I don't really get that. Maybe the people just didn't want to get wet?!?

I mean honestly, I could understand if someone laughed when you walked into Walmart with a sopping wet business suit, but why should they laugh when you hop into the water in a stunningly dry suit?

JahJahwarrior:
I don't really get that. Maybe the people just didn't want to get wet?!?

I mean honestly, I could understand if someone laughed when you walked into Walmart with a sopping wet business suit, but why should they laugh when you hop into the water in a stunningly dry suit?

No, they were jsut trying to stay warm--in 84º water.

I don't know if this qualifies....

I was doing my navigation dive for my AOW out at the Sea Lion Rookery in the Channel Islands. I was trying very hard to focus on the compass despite a curious sea lion that kept darting in front of me trying to get my attention. I kept waving him off thinking "can't you see I'm busy - just a minute!"

Finally he came at me from above, darted in quickly, got a few inches from my mask, looked me right in the eyes, then blew a stream of bubbles in my face. He startled me so bad I'm sure I warmed my wetsuit. :11:
My Sweetheart and my instructor flooded their masks laughing at how I jumped.

Score: Sea Lion: 1
Noobie Diver trying to practice skills: 0

. . . .

There was also the time we were ending a dive at the lake and I came to realize that I had accidentally caught a catfish in my mesh goody-bag. I'm still not exactly sure how - he must have swam in when I was collecting a can off the bottom to put in the trash. I'm also not sure who was more suprised, me or the fish! -- once on shore, all sorts of terrible puns started to fly relating to "letting the cat out of the bag".

Sylvain:
What is the funniest or craziest thing you have witness underwater not only talking funny but something you saw that was also plain stupid.

A pair of so called DIR divers @ Pt. Lobos, CA gearing up in all their long hose, can lite rig and talking trash on the divers coming and going in their jacket style BC's, single AL 80's etc.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom