What is the deal on one tank Night Dives????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GQMedic once bubbled...
...2. Not nearly as full a boat as day time weekend operation.

That's the main reason to me. Most of the boats running night dives that I've been on had only a few divers (as opposed to 15 or 20 divers during the day). That's one thing I like at night (besides the actual diving). Yet the cost of running the boat must be fairly the same.

Paying a premium doesn't bother me. However, I've never had to pay the price of a 2 tank dive for a 1 tank night dive.

another shop, I start at 7am....if I'm working my OWN (new & small) shop, I might start as early as 5:30am, if I'm helping my girlfriend prepare lunches.....and finish around 9pm if I have a night dive. Anyhow, sometimes it's so busy with everything going on that I have "redlight lunches"....the only time I have to eat is while waiting at red lights on the way to pick up customers. :(

Chris
www.letsdiveguam.com (in progress)

than I do for a 2 tank day dive.

At 6 AM my alarm clock wakes me up in order to have the boat ready at 8 AM.

The AM dive trip departs at 8:30 - the PM trip returns to the dock at 5:30.

It gets dark in the summertime around 8:30 or later, divers get in the water for a 45-60 minute dive & we return to the dock at around 10:00 PM.

Tanks need filling..boat needs cleaning. I get home around 11 PM

At 6 AM my alarm clock goes off again....

Perhaps this helps answer the question.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom