What Is Best Online Scuba Store?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When the thread was started 5 years ago Dive Right In wasn't much of player in the online market at that time. They have since obtained a loyal following of people on the board.

Good point; I didn't pay attention to the thread initiation date, but maybe it's useful to have listed for posterity :)

I had a shortie wetsuit in my wish list at leisurepro.com. I finally pulled the trigger and bought it - 2 days later they put it on sale. @#$%! I e-mailed them and got a personal reply back giving me the difference in a credit. I appreciated this very much.

I am about to buy a dive computer and the one I had my eye on (and in my wish list) has just been discontinued by LP. @#$%! After reading this board I found it on the Scuba Toys site and will contact them.... and use my credit at LP on another purchase.

I preferentially use ScubaToys.com for online shopping; have had good experience. Their prices are quite good, and combine that with a great reputation and I think it's a tough combo. to beat. If they have what I want, I am prone to buy there.

Have also used Scuba.com (time to receive product has varied, but otherwise no issues), LeisurePro.com, and some others.

I do think buying at a local dive shop is worthwhile for smaller things, to support the shop and for convenience. But for big ticket items (e.g.: reg.s, BCDs, computers, complete gear packages), I tend toward online if I know what I want. Now, if I walk in a dive shop & draw on the expertise of the shop staff to evaluate & choose gear, then buying online instead to save a few bucks would seem cheesy. I view the onsite/in person expertise of dive shop staff as part of the product, in other words, and that should factor into my tolerance of the price. Sometimes I don't need that expertise; sometimes I do.

Richard.

Here are my favorites, as they advertise here and support our ScubaBoard habit...

There's a lot more I want to do with ScubaBoard, but it takes a lot of money. Anyone who knows me, knows that I don't live high on the hog: I can't! I would love for you to support our supporters and THANK THEM for their support. That would encourage others to support us and thus enable me to improve your experience here on ScubaBoard. I have nothing against those who have supported us in the past, but I feel compelled to promote our current friends: people who CARE enough about ScubaBoard and the service we offer to support us on any level.

Please forgive me if I missed anyone. Just let me know, and I will add you quick!

When I know exactly what I'm wanting to purchase I go to:

TheFind - Shopped & Found

I then plug in a search for that item, say "Dive Rite Back Plate"

The Find will then list items from several different online sites along with price and any coupons that can be used.

The Find also has a couple of mobile apps for my ipod touch so I can shop for stuff almost anywhere. :)

For customer service, Scuba Toys - no contest.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom