What is a good diving boat

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If money was no object, I'd go with something like this. Of course I would have the optional hydraulic platform, where all I had to do was stand on the platform and get raised and lowered into the water

Attachments

• Expedition-Yacht.jpg
    Expedition-Yacht.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 907
hahahah that would be too big of a boat.... how bout say a cruiser?

If money was no object, I'd go with something like this. Of course I would have the optional hydraulic platform, where all I had to do was stand on the platform and get raised and lowered into the water

That boat (or one damn near like it, the Haleakala) is for sale, pretty cheap, less than a million with the sportfisher too. The owner died some years ago of a heart attack and his widow was asking fair market. The market for used boats has fallen sharply, though. Can't find the link, but it was in Galveston/Clear Lake a couple of years ago.

I was thinking more in terms something simple with a couple moonpools, bells, and ROVs. Oh, and hot water suits. Naturally it has to be dynamically positioned. Anchors are so “yesterday”. :wink:

Attachments

• Seven Pelican.jpg
    Seven Pelican.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 898
Last edited:
InstaGator..

aaah... that's what im talking about.. how long is it? 30 feet? 40 feet? need an idea for craft for scuba diving for 8 and at the same time be used as a family cruiser heheeh.

135 foot is good.

PtSur.jpg

InstaGator..

aaah... that's what im talking about.. how long is it? 30 feet? 40 feet? need an idea for craft for scuba diving for 8 and at the same time be used as a family cruiser heheeh.
It belongs to a friend of mine. I believe Sea Ray numbers their boats close to their length, therefore a 340 should be close to 34'. It is currently on Lake Allatoona (fresh water) just north of Atlanta. Contact Buddy if you are interested.

Im actually based in the Philippines hehehe...

We usually dive off outrigger boats with makeshift ladders. Mostly wooden boats.
Only a few have real fiberglass boats. I'll do more research on sea ray's... any other brands? doesn't have to be an expensive brand. something functional. not ultra luxurious. Simple and functional.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom